The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I would like to change my forum site address to my subdomain

2 posters

Go down

I would like to change my forum site address to my subdomain Empty I would like to change my forum site address to my subdomain

Post by jen143 April 22nd 2008, 1:09 pm

[b]Hello forumotions staff!

Hi how are you? I would like to Change the site address (jenneline.forumotions.net) of my forum to my subdomain address: forum.jenneline.com, Could you pleasee provide me some details of instruction on how to transfer or change my current site address to my subdomain address?.

Thanks and have a great day!

Customer,
jenny.
jen143

Female Posts : 5
Language : english

Back to top Go down

I would like to change my forum site address to my subdomain Empty Re: I would like to change my forum site address to my subdomain

Post by zakir321 April 23rd 2008, 3:58 am

I assume you own that domain name already? In this case, you should read through the following tutorial: [LINK]

Also, if you go to "General / Forum Adress", scroll down and click on the link "configured", you'll find some additional instructions.
zakir321

Back to top Go down

I would like to change my forum site address to my subdomain Empty Re: I would like to change my forum site address to my subdomain

Post by jen143 April 23rd 2008, 4:35 am

Yah i got a company website and is still under construction. I was trying to build a wonderful forum like phpbb3. I want to point it to my domain name (actually i want to point it as http://www.forum.jenneline.com).

Sad. I don't quiet understand the instruction, however i plan to buy points? If i buy the points then the domain that i have from the points will be automatically authomatically installed in my forum site right? So for example if i will buy a points of 5000, then i will chose the domain forum-jenneline.com, then that means the domain will be automatically installed on my forum in forumotions right?

Thanks for the respond Smile. I greatly appreciated it!.

Oh by the way one last question Very Happy . I would like to ask, is it possible to password-protect some of the pages in my forum? if so, how?

Because i check the forum and it wont let me do the password-protect. It only changes the permission, like the people can't see the forum page if they are not allowed.

What i am trying to say is i want to show the page and when my members click the page they will be prompted for a password before they can access the page. Is this possible ? And is it possible also to put a sub-forum on my forum?.

Thanks, Your answer is greatly appreciated!.

Customer,
jenny.
jen143

Female Posts : 5

Back to top Go down