The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

part of an new update or something that doesnt work!

2 posters

Go down

part of an new update or something that doesnt work! Empty part of an new update or something that doesnt work!

Post by zinex July 4th 2008, 5:21 pm

Hi guys i was just editing a 'guest' post on my forum and saw that right at the top when editing the post it gave you a field for user name. so i presumed this would be for changing a post from one username to the other? Gave it a shot and it didnt work. Is it part of an update?
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

part of an new update or something that doesnt work! Empty Re: part of an new update or something that doesnt work!

Post by zakir321 July 5th 2008, 4:05 pm

This has been available quite some time ago already, you can change the username a guest posted with. Strange it doesn't work for you though, I have done this already several times and the username changed as wanted (have successfully tested it now also with punBB).

Probably a display-error, have you tried already to clear your cache?
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

part of an new update or something that doesnt work! Empty Re: part of an new update or something that doesnt work!

Post by zinex July 5th 2008, 9:50 pm

hmm that would be brilliant if it would work for me, would have saved me a LOT of hassle with my newly ressurected board! i will give it a go with a clear cache, cheers Very Happy

edited to say: it definately doesnt work, just stays as a guest posting.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down