The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Customised and automatic welcoming message to new member

2 posters

Go down

Customised and automatic welcoming message to new member Empty Customised and automatic welcoming message to new member

Post by tokmisai July 24th 2008, 5:08 am

I tried searching in the forum, but find no answer.

Everytime a new member registered, i would like to have a customizes messages (email) sent to them. How do I do that, if it is possible.

Appreciated any helps.

Thanks
tokmisai

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Customised and automatic welcoming message to new member Empty Re: Customised and automatic welcoming message to new member

Post by Guest July 24th 2008, 6:26 am

The closest I can think of is a "Welcome" PM

Back to top Go down

Customised and automatic welcoming message to new member Empty Re: Customised and automatic welcoming message to new member

Post by Dot Com July 24th 2008, 6:52 am

leafsrock96 wrote:The closest I can think of is a "Welcome" PM
This is the closest feature to your answer. Very Happy
Dot Com
Dot Com
Forumember

Male Posts : 414
Language : English,HTML

http://www.eraofrebirth.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tokmisai July 24th 2008, 10:18 am

how do i do that? Is is automatic mailing, meaning once they register, it will be emailed to them or i have to do it manually one by one?
tokmisai

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 24th 2008, 10:29 am

You can do it automatically by going to:

Admin Panel > General > Messages & Email (left hand column) > Allow welcome private message : Enabled > Type your welcome message in the box > Save.

Done. All new registered members will automatically be sent the welcome message.

Back to top Go down

Post by tokmisai July 25th 2008, 1:09 pm

Thanks all for the points. Tried and tested. It wotks. Thanks.

Am not pushing my luck, but out of curiosity, method above will send the messages to pm of members. Just wondering, any way that we can redirect the messages to email address of the new member?

Just curious , that's all.

Anyway, thanks again dor the pointers
tokmisai

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 25th 2008, 1:13 pm

There is no way to redirect the message. It is sent by PM and PM only as far as I am aware.

Back to top Go down