making forum widgets to only appear on main page? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

making forum widgets to only appear on main page?

RCMZ
    Forumember

Language : English

making forum widgets to only appear on main page? Empty making forum widgets to only appear on main page?

Post by RCMZ Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:09 am

Is there a way or a code or something i can do to only make the forum widgets visible on the main page and not when viewing a category or a forum?

making forum widgets to only appear on main page? Empty Re: making forum widgets to only appear on main page?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:11 am

Hello,

Do you mean a portal? If so, to activate the portal go to Admin Panel > Modules > Portal.
    RCMZ
    Forumember

making forum widgets to only appear on main page? Empty Re: making forum widgets to only appear on main page?

Post by RCMZ Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:13 am

no not the portal, there is portal widgets and forum widgets. it should be explained easy enough to understand.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:15 am

What is your main page? Is your main page your Index page or your Portal Page?

Please be more specific with what you want to achieve.
    RCMZ
    Forumember

Post by RCMZ Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:21 am

no, i dont have a portal.

what else do i need to be more specific about. if u know what a forum widget it than, that is as specific as it gets. u know they appear on every page, not just the index, but all. and what im asking is if i can get it to ONLY appear on the index (main forum) page, and not any of the others, such as categories and forums. which im sure you know what a category and forum is too.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:58 am

Right, that's much better and more descriptive. There is no way you can do this. Forum widgets appear on all pages of your forum, including the forums and the threads. The only thing I can suggest is you try to, if you can, add the widget code to the the Homepage message.

There's no need for the wise a** remarks either, thank you very much
    zakir321

Language : english

Post by zakir321 Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:25 am

Unfortunately that is not entirely correct. Razz

There is a way to hide them everywhere but on the index if your forum is in version phpBB3. Please read this topic: [LINK]. Wink

Post by Guest Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:31 pm

Sunny_D wrote:Unfortunately that is not entirely correct. Razz

There is a way to hide them everywhere but on the index if your forum is in version phpBB3. Please read this topic: [LINK]. Wink
    Silly me. I never knew it could be done using phpBB3. Sorry for my inconvenience. Embarassed

Edit (Sunny) : Not a problem. I had actually quite a hard time myself finding that post again. Forgot to update the FAQ. Razz