The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My forum Logs members out when it shouldn't!

3 posters

Go down

My forum Logs members out when it shouldn't! Empty My forum Logs members out when it shouldn't!

Post by Memphis Flash September 16th 2008, 3:20 am

Hi - I have a problem that is becoming a pain in the butt! Most members - me included log in on my forum - reply to a post or answer a personal message and when we click send it goes to the log in screen and anything we've previously written is gone!

Also some members can't upload avatars - even though I've checked in my Admin panel and they are permitted to upload avatars. Sometimes all the menus on the profile page such as Preferences, Signature, Avatar etc - all seem scrambled and reads as this:

Information | Preferences?sid=f537222c00c0069290172baf814e8f85 | Signature?sid=f537222c00c0069290172baf814e8f85 | Avatar?sid=f537222c00c0069290172baf814e8f85 | Friends and foes?sid=f537222c00c0069290172baf814e8f85 | Watched topics?sid=f537222c00c0069290172baf814e8f85

Members click on the relevant part they want and it logs them out!

The forum template I'm using is: phpBB2 (subsilver) - is there known problems with this one?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated please.

Thanks and Regards

Mike
Memphis Flash

Language : English

Back to top Go down

My forum Logs members out when it shouldn't! Empty Re: My forum Logs members out when it shouldn't!

Post by Memphis Flash September 18th 2008, 1:18 am

103 views - and no-one can help! Thanks for the support. :/
Memphis Flash

Back to top Go down

My forum Logs members out when it shouldn't! Empty Re: My forum Logs members out when it shouldn't!

Post by MrMario September 18th 2008, 4:27 am

Sorry but I cant help you here

If I could I would Try PMing someone from staff
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 September 19th 2008, 1:42 am

Hm... well, I'd suggest to check your browser settings. Check if you have allowed cookies and that they remain valid "until they expire". When you log in, be sure the box "log in automatically" has been marked.

In case you see numbers and characters in your profile links, try to refresh the page with Ctrl+F5 or to delete your cache entirely.
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Memphis Flash September 22nd 2008, 1:55 pm

Ok - thanks for your replies. Smile I've got the html bit sorted thanks.

The other issue with logging out is still causing a problem. 'log me in automatically' is already checked - That was the 1st thing I looked at. It must be something else as it's not particular to just one or two members. There's many who have the same problem - they all use other formomotion boards and don't have this trouble. I'm baffled and can't help them. Confused
Memphis Flash

Back to top Go down