The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way to make members introduce themselves before reading or posting?

2 posters

Go down

Way to make members introduce themselves before reading or posting? Empty Way to make members introduce themselves before reading or posting?

Post by hope_of_hevn October 7th 2008, 7:19 pm

Is there a way, when users register, to make it so they have to introduce themselves before reading or posting?

Or, is there a way, before activating a new user, to read their profile before activating them (I get their request to be activated via email - but I want to be able to see who they are before activating them).

Thank you.
hope_of_hevn

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Way to make members introduce themselves before reading or posting? Empty Re: Way to make members introduce themselves before reading or posting?

Post by Guest October 7th 2008, 7:36 pm

Well you can make a forum that they have to post in and once they do you have to manually place them into a new group and that group will have access to all forums.

Back to top Go down

Way to make members introduce themselves before reading or posting? Empty Re: Way to make members introduce themselves before reading or posting?

Post by hope_of_hevn October 7th 2008, 8:06 pm

OK...I'm not sure how to go about doing that (setting up a new forum so they know they have to post there first). Would I put some kind of message on the original forum's log in page so they know they have to go to another forum first?
hope_of_hevn

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by tommylsvs11 October 8th 2008, 11:38 am

Something like that can only be done with the advanced features of vBulletin
tommylsvs11
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down