The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Copyright at the botton of the forum

2 posters

Go down

Copyright at the botton of the forum Empty Copyright at the botton of the forum

Post by mogoking55 October 20th 2008, 12:01 am

Hi is this ok to add this at the bottom of my forum
Copyright © 2008- my website name here
All Rights Reserved

this will stop people from taken my post, photos etc

could i add this at the bottom also with a link to phpbb
mogoking55
mogoking55
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Copyright at the botton of the forum Empty Re: Copyright at the botton of the forum

Post by kirk October 20th 2008, 12:17 am

mogoking55 wrote:Hi is this ok to add this at the bottom of my forum
All Rights Reserved

no i dont think so?
for one you can not say something is copyrighted if it's not. that's fraud and a federal offence.

plus forumotion is a free forum host provider for the public and anyone who wants to create one. so there for they own it.they are just providing and allowing us/persons to have it on there host.

now if you created all your pictures use for anything such as the theme or videos music etc.. and have them copyrighted. then you can incorporate that in what you have created and have copyrighted..

but hey i'm not a legal expert and might be misunderstanding the question on hand?

Last edited by kirk on October 20th 2008, 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Copyright at the botton of the forum Empty Re: Copyright at the botton of the forum

Post by Guest October 20th 2008, 12:19 am

Copyright ©️ 2008- my website name here
All Rights Reserved

I'm sure it be ok Smile other people have done it

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 20th 2008, 12:24 am

be but it's not real? it's fabricated and false information with something that is stating an important significance?

but hey lets see what the head honchos say.(admins/mods).
no that you mentioned it. i do believe i have seen some forums with this.
HECK if it is allowed you'll be sure that i do it to as well as everyone else. thumleft

Last edited by kirk on October 20th 2008, 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 20th 2008, 12:26 am

kirk wrote:be but it's not real? it's fabricated and false information with something that is stating an important significance?

if you made the theme how is that false??? Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 20th 2008, 12:38 am

spook wrote:
kirk wrote:be but it's not real? it's fabricated and false information with something that is stating an important significance?

if you made the theme how is that false??? Confused

well my point being that you have not paid for the copyright.
(so technically you do not have the right to say something is copyrighted when it's not.)
and of course i'm sure you understand you cant get the forum as a whole copyrighted.
but like i said if you personally created what ever images music videos etc.. for your theme you can get that copyrighted then incorporate into the forum.

here check this out. it really dose not cost that much. just be sure to get as many things copyrighted all under the same name. it's cheaper and you def get a lot more for your money. i'm a musician so i had my share of copyrighting things.but it's bin a couple years too.

here's the link oops sorry the first link was wrong. i just changed it.
this is what you would want

copyrights made easy

oh plus get the international copyrights. if you choose to do so that is
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mogoking55 October 20th 2008, 4:37 am

kirk wrote:
All Rights Reserved

no i dont think so?
for one you can not say something is copyrighted if it's not. that's fraud and a federal offence.

plus forumotion is a free forum host provider for the public and anyone who wants to create one. so there for they own it.they are just providing and allowing us/persons to have it on there host.

now if you created all your pictures use for anything such as the theme or videos music etc.. and have them copyrighted. then you can incorporate that in what you have created and have copyrighted..

but hey i'm not a legal expert and might be misunderstanding the question on hand?

Ok i just added the link back to phpbb All the other stuff is gone cause we can do this i read about it on here that we can remove the free forum thing back we still need a link to phpbb
mogoking55
mogoking55
Forumember

Back to top Go down