The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Showing News on the Portal page, but not in the forums.

2 posters

Go down

Showing News on the Portal page, but not in the forums. Empty Showing News on the Portal page, but not in the forums.

Post by Cirrus Sun 16 Nov - 21:37

I was wondering if it was possible to display the News option on the portal page for everyone, but only have it show in the forum index page to administrators. Is this possible?

Last edited by Cirrus on Sun 16 Nov - 22:09; edited 2 times in total
Cirrus
Cirrus
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Showing News on the Portal page, but not in the forums. Empty Re: Showing News on the Portal page, but not in the forums.

Post by zinex Sun 16 Nov - 21:53

if you go to admin>>modules and select forum widgets, enable them, and then add the news widget where you would like on your forum, then save. Come back to the forum widgets page in your admin panel and set the news widget permissions to admin only Smile
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Showing News on the Portal page, but not in the forums. Empty Re: Showing News on the Portal page, but not in the forums.

Post by Cirrus Sun 16 Nov - 22:00

I want the news page to show on the portal page to everyone, and the forum that it gets the news from to appear to admins only. When I set the News forum in the index to Admins only, it doesn't show anymore on the portal page.
Cirrus
Cirrus
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex Sun 16 Nov - 22:04

ah i see, then i dont think it will be possible. The news module for the portal extracts news for the forum you choose. If you change its permissions then that will reflect on the portal as you have found. Unfortunately forumotion doesnt allow you to 'hide' forums from view, but still be active.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Cirrus Sun 16 Nov - 22:06

Oh, I see. >.<

Thank you!

Also, when I go onto the portal page as a guest, the check boxes for polls squish together, and they can't be checked. Is this a bug?
Cirrus
Cirrus
Forumember

Back to top Go down