Ok lets update the FAQ and Tips and Tricks - Page 6 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+14
Skittles
ipoppy
Cherry Blossom
Tarogasini
Charlotte Spiral
Rok
Caihlem
Adiex
Walshy95
Tilum
MrMario
Jalokim
Darren1
Sanket
18 posters

Ok lets update the FAQ and Tips and Tricks

Ok lets update the FAQ and Tips and Tricks - Page 6 Empty Ok lets update the FAQ and Tips and Tricks

Post by Guest December 8th 2008, 12:46 am

First topic message reminder :

Ok time for everyone to pitch in and give back to forumotion. We need to update some tutorials around here and they are:

1) How to set Maximum Avatar Size?-Kilsek-sent to Caihlem
    2) How to add a forum banner?-Kilsek-sent to Caihlem
    3) How to make forums & categories-Kilsek-sent to Caihlem
    4) How to make tables in a post-Kilsek
    5) Colors and Fonts for your Forum
    6) Cascading Stylesheets (CSS)

Sanket is doing the following:

1) How to make the navigation bar without the text, just buttons.
    2) How to turn your html on in the posts.
    3) How to activate the users manually.
    4) How to ban a user, or delete a user
    5) How to mail all the users in a single go? ( This is basically the Newsletter Option)
    6) How to create ranks, which automatically change with the # of posts.

Therre could be more made, if you have sggestions post them!

Tips on creating tutorials:

Screen shots make it easier to member to understand, USE THEM!
    In depth text description
    Spelling is a plus-use proper grammar
    English only

Last edited by Kilsek on December 8th 2008, 5:35 pm; edited 5 times in total
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 22186
    Language : test

Ok lets update the FAQ and Tips and Tricks - Page 6 Empty Re: Ok lets update the FAQ and Tips and Tricks

Post by MrMario January 24th 2009, 5:50 am

You are allowed to send them anytime. I dont remember reading anything say we have to send them at a date.
    Darren1
    Darren1
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 11853
    Language : English

Ok lets update the FAQ and Tips and Tricks - Page 6 Empty Re: Ok lets update the FAQ and Tips and Tricks

Post by Darren1 January 24th 2009, 6:08 am

Rok, you can hand (PM) them to any member of staff (Caihlem preferred) whenever their ready.
    There is no due date/time

Even better (for us school kids) There are no grades on the work we do rock cheers

yea, im in school too...just on xmas holidays and I start again on tues morning dwarf

~ point to remember for the morning's post. Brownie points? (late edit, after caihlems post, so I can remember this)

Last edited by darren1 on January 24th 2009, 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Caihlem
    Caihlem
    Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
    Language : English, French & Female

Post by Caihlem January 24th 2009, 11:48 am

As Darren1 said, there's no date or due-by dates for Member Tutorials. Normally, we only receive 1 every so often, so reading it and accepting/refusing it is easy.
    Kilsek exploded this phenomena, and we need more time to read the heaps sent TT Hence why we (me) haven't had the proper time to check through them all tongue
    Caihlem
    Caihlem
    Energetic

Post by Caihlem January 24th 2009, 1:09 pm

Ok, promises kept, I've started reading the huge blocks of Tutorials sent. I'll be updating this post as I move along

Tutorials Sent Accepted
    How to Setup Members' Avatar's Sizes - written by Dungeon Master
    How to install a Banner/Logo - written by Dungeon Master
    The Navigation bar - written by Sanket
    How to Activate Users Manually - written by Sanket
    How to take a Screen Shot - updated by Rokstrsk83rdude
    Have any Widget on Navigation Bar - written by Rokstrsk83rdude
    How to send a Newsletter - written by Sanket
    How to Unlock your Forum - written by MrMario

Tutorials Sent Refused
    How to Create Categories and Forums/Setting forum Permissions - written by Dungeon Master
    This is because there already is a good tutorial on creating Categories/Forums. Only one concerning Permissions alone is needed
    How to turn on HTML in Posts - written Sanket
    This is because it's deemed too obvious to require a tutorial
    I received a P.M but no pop-up - written MrMario
    This is because there already is a good tutorial on this issue
    Achieving Members - written Rokstrsk83rdude
    Warning Bar Tutorial - written Jpmi@jpmi-zac11ths-fourm.
    This is because there already is a good tutorial on this issue - included in the Personalised Profile Tutorial
    Ranks that automatically change with the # of posts - written Sanket
    The Navigation Bar - written Darren1
    This is because there already is a tutorial on this issue and the navbar images aren't the default ones
    Exclusive: Vote for your forum on FireFox Mozella - written ToTyFruTTy
    ... Not needed, username added in every screen shot ))

Still pending on Darren1's response to accept his brilliant tutorial on a run-through of the Admin Panel.
    I'd like to personally thank all members who contributed to this beautiful update of the FAQs, including those who'se tutorials were not accepted Very Happy

Last edited by Caihlem on January 24th 2009, 2:33 pm; edited 4 times in total

Post by Guest January 24th 2009, 2:18 pm

very nice Caihlem.

And was that double posting? affraid
    Caihlem
    Caihlem
    Energetic

Post by Caihlem January 24th 2009, 2:33 pm

Smart ass tongue
    Finally done, glad that's over with Ok lets update the FAQ and Tips and Tricks - Page 6 Sweat

Post by Guest January 24th 2009, 2:45 pm

hahaha.

and May I suggest breaking Darren's tutorial down into parts to make it more manageable?

and caihlem more members are going to start to send in their tutorials, you guys accepting them only will give them more hope.

Drag~
    Caihlem
    Caihlem
    Energetic

Post by Caihlem January 24th 2009, 3:02 pm

Darren1's tutorial, on my test site, is accepted. In parts ofcourse tongue
    The thing is though, that I find his tutorial too good. I'd like it to be posted under his account, and not under mine with a mention "written by Darren1". I've already planned for there to be a post before where there'll be like an introduction with quick links to the different parts of his tutorial.

If more members send tutorials, then that's great news tongue
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 22186
    Language : test

Post by MrMario January 24th 2009, 6:08 pm

Thank you Cailhlem for taking the time to read them and to make sure they are right.

Post by Guest January 24th 2009, 7:20 pm

About time you carried your weight around here Caihlem. Maybe now the mods can get a break! :wouhou:
    Caihlem
    Caihlem
    Energetic

Post by Caihlem January 24th 2009, 7:46 pm

Says the man with a carrot in his avatar ùù

It had to be done, now that it's done we can concentrate on other projects loove

Post by Guest January 24th 2009, 8:06 pm

those projects are....??

Drag~

Post by Guest January 24th 2009, 8:14 pm

dragonfir731 wrote:those projects are....??

Drag~

Getting Kilsek banned!

Post by Guest January 24th 2009, 8:20 pm

haha they already tried and failed.
    Beno
    Beno
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3024

Post by Beno January 24th 2009, 8:30 pm

I have to say thanks as well to all those who sent them because they will be very useful to people! :wouhou:
    Caihlem
    Caihlem
    Energetic

Post by Caihlem January 24th 2009, 9:44 pm

dragonfir731 wrote:haha they already tried and failed.

You can only but notice that Kilsek isn't here anymore. You could call it a total sucess no? :wouhou:

More seriously; other projects include re-awakening the Reveiw section idea, filling in staff gaps, and preparing evil schemes to ban more members
    Rok
    Rok
    Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
    Language : idk

Post by Rok January 24th 2009, 9:55 pm

First of all, I would like to say 'thanks'. I'm very proud to have our tutorials finally in!

filling in staff gaps
    There are many active members here that work a whole lot with helping members Wink.

and preparing evil schemes to ban more members
    I'm sure Kilsek's dungeon has a lot of very great banful torture devices héhé .

Post by Guest January 24th 2009, 11:58 pm

Caihlem wrote:
    dragonfir731 wrote:haha they already tried and failed.

You can only but notice that Kilsek isn't here anymore. You could call it a total sucess no? :wouhou:

More seriously; other projects include re-awakening the Reveiw section idea, filling in staff gaps, and preparing evil schemes to ban more members

Oh he is here, you can't get rid of the biggest headache forumotion ever had!

The Review Section has been on hold long enough time to get it going.

@Rok I am sure Kilsek does.
    Darren1
    Darren1
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Darren1 January 25th 2009, 12:23 am

A few things here I love you
    [mention][/mention] wrote:Kilsek exploded this phenomena, and we need more time to read the heaps sent TT Hence why we (me) haven't had the proper time to check through them all tongue

Is this not what he usually does anyway?

[mention][/mention] wrote:Still pending on Darren1's response to accept his brilliant tutorial on a run-through of the Admin Panel.

Very Happy Iv only just got ur PM today?

[mention][/mention] wrote:and May I suggest breaking Darren's tutorial down into parts to make it more manageable?

hmm....
    [mention][/mention] wrote:In parts ofcourse

Well, actually tabs...IE: Users & Groups, misc, modules ect.

[mention][/mention] wrote:The thing is though, that I find his tutorial too good. I'd like it to be posted under his account, and not under mine with a mention "written by Darren1".

Mr. Green Thats me for ya, I like to go beyond the expectation's that are on my shoulders.
    Sometimes I cant reach it, but it happens.

And yes, id love to post it for myself.

[mention][/mention] wrote:I've already planned for there to be a post before where there'll be like an introduction with quick links to the different parts of his tutorial.
    huh?
    Didn't I do that?

[mention][/mention] wrote:Maybe now the mods can get a break!

can that ever happen?
    I mean this is ForuMotion after all. The mods/admin(s) are super busy!

[mention][/mention] wrote:other projects include re-awakening the Review section idea

Hmm.....I havent seen those words on here EVER!
    Glad to have finally heard them Very Happy

[mention][/mention] wrote:preparing evil schemes to ban more members

I like this idea blackeye

Rok, im sure that kilsek has so many tutorial's there there'd be too many to add here.

Now to say what I feel like saying.

Congratulations guys on getting accepted, and refused.
    Being refused is the start of a new bench-mark in a way.
    We all really need to pat each other on the back here for the tremendous jobs were doing here, not just with the FAQ Update.

And a final thank you to all staff whom have helped us think of these tutorial's, and a bigger thank you to the staff that said yes to them too.
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Post by Sanket January 25th 2009, 3:11 am

Thank you Caihlem for letting us know whether the tutorials were accepted or refused thumleft

Post by Guest January 25th 2009, 3:30 am

And thank you to Kilsek for such a marvelous, stupendous, ingenious Idea!!! blackeye bwi He so rocks!! The next president he is!! :wouhou:

Congrats Rok, Sanket, and Mr. Mario for your inclusion!!!

Post by Guest January 25th 2009, 3:36 am

Dungeon Master wrote:And thank you to Kilsek for such a marvelous, stupendous, ingenious Idea!!! blackeye bwi He so rocks!! The next president he is!! :wouhou:

Congrats Rok, Sanket, and Mr. Mario for your inclusion!!!

Who is this Kilsek of whom you speak of?

Post by Guest January 25th 2009, 3:50 am

Oh the stories I have heard of this fellow. Where should I begin?

I heard the tech don't like him much.

Back on topic............

Caihlem I will wait until after this update just incase a item or two come out that could really liven the RPG game up.
    Caihlem
    Caihlem
    Energetic

Post by Caihlem January 25th 2009, 8:56 am

Talking of the RPG Tutorial you've been talking about, is it any similar then the one I wrote on my test forum?
    Darren1
    Darren1
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Darren1 January 25th 2009, 10:40 am

Caihlem wrote:Talking of the RPG Tutorial you've been talking about, is it any similar then the one I wrote on my test forum?

Thats a great question that I was about to ask Cool

Post by Guest January 25th 2009, 3:11 pm

Caihlem wrote:Talking of the RPG Tutorial you've been talking about, is it any similar then the one I wrote on my test forum?

I was actually going to get with you about expanding it. It will post there some time today.
    Rok
    Rok
    Energetic

Post by Rok January 26th 2009, 3:50 am

Ok guys, Darren inspired me to go on and make the WHOLE Administration Panel tutorial. Yes, that's true. Give me about 3 weeks and I'll be done.
    So, I got this tagged down.
    Darren1
    Darren1
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Darren1 January 26th 2009, 4:07 am

Rok wrote:Ok guys, Darren inspired me to go on and make the WHOLE Administration Panel tutorial. Yes, that's true. Give me about 3 weeks and I'll be done.
    So, I got this tagged down.

Mine is complete, I have asked Caihlem to fill in the little details that I have missed out
    Which is in the Modules tab Confused

hence, there is no use for your one.

edit:
    If you want to help me fill in those gaps, you could PM me and ill add it with a reference to ur name in the bits that you added.
    Rok
    Rok
    Energetic

Post by Rok January 26th 2009, 10:39 pm

Well, I was going to work on the Modules (which I completely said before).

So, all I want to know is if anyone is working on a tutorial consisting the WHOLE Admin Panel, and I mean like every bit of it and every word?
    Darren1
    Darren1
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Darren1 January 26th 2009, 11:02 pm

Rok wrote:Well, I was going to work on the Modules (which I completely said before).

So, all I want to know is if anyone is working on a tutorial consisting the WHOLE Admin Panel, and I mean like every bit of it and every word?

That's what Iv done, and im pretty sure the whole thing has been posted here.

Although, I just haven't done much on the Modules page, caihlem has kindly said he will do the bits iv missed out Smile