The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with page width

2 posters

Go down

Problem with page width Empty Problem with page width

Post by Lethy January 7th 2009, 10:59 pm

I noticed that there's another post or two with similar questions to mine, but they didn't quite go into what I'm having a problem with.

My problem is, the pages are either too wide(covering almost all of the background) or too narrow(80% is the only width I can input) which one of my members is having a problem with. I'm using a 19inch monitor, and not having too many problems with 80%, but I can't seem to make the size any higher(or, just to test it out, any smaller for that matter) without it nearly completely covering the whole background. I'm using the vBulletin skin-with a change in the background- but I was having this problem *before* I added it.

So, is it only 80% or none when it comes to resizing that particular skin, and I should just try another one? Or is it I'm not doing something right? Problem with page width Redface

Any help would be appreciated! Smile
Lethy

Female Posts : 3
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Problem with page width Empty Re: Problem with page width

Post by Guest January 8th 2009, 1:16 am

I noticed that when using the Invision setup, sometimes it helps to set the size in the CSS. It will automatically override any settings you put in the ACP with respect to the width.. and alot of colors.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lethy January 8th 2009, 3:58 am

Kyouri wrote:I noticed that when using the Invision setup, sometimes it helps to set the size in the CSS. It will automatically override any settings you put in the ACP with respect to the width.. and alot of colors.

Hmm.. well, I *could* try that. I just hate messing with CSS too much(one wrong move, one bit of code out of place and things can go awry...and then it ends in tears Crying or Very sad Twisted Evil )

Thanks tho Smile
Lethy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 8th 2009, 5:37 am

Lol.. that's how I felt for a really long time. I copied the forum's basic CSS to MSWord and took a look at all the codes then just fiddled with it a bit, and turns out that it's not as scary as first thought. Then again, it could be a bug stealing the scene right now, too. That seems to happen quite a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 8th 2009, 3:02 pm

Make sure your banner width is set to 740 or less. Also, be sure that in Headers and Navagation your menu isnt clicked to "force menu to one line"

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim January 8th 2009, 3:14 pm

hey lethy ... please tell me the forum platform you are using and i'll tell you where to find the fix in the CSS...
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by Lethy January 8th 2009, 4:13 pm

Jalokim wrote:hey lethy ... please tell me the forum platform you are using and i'll tell you where to find the fix in the CSS...

I'm using phpbb2 Smile

Kyouri- Good idea (and I guess I just worry too much Wink ) Thanks.

Kilsec- My banner is fine, but will check the other thing you mentioned. Thanks.
Lethy

Back to top Go down