The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping changes after modifying forum

4 posters

Go down

Keeping changes after modifying forum Empty Keeping changes after modifying forum

Post by ninabell February 5th 2009, 10:05 pm

I have made a lot of changes to my forum. Changed skins, changed colors, ect. Now, I already made all the changes and want to keep them. A couple of times today, when I opened the forum, it opened with a previous modifications, not the last one I saved it with. I brought back the last changes by pressing Ctrl and F5 but I would like to keep these changes and not having to be pressing Ctrl F5 often. I have not opened my forum yet but would like to solve that problem before opening.
How can I made permanent the changes I have done?
ninabell

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Keeping changes after modifying forum Empty Re: Keeping changes after modifying forum

Post by Nelsaidi February 5th 2009, 11:10 pm

Ctrl + F5 Means clear the cache. Your web brwoser will save the files (including Images, possibly style sheets, etc) so when you load it, it loads faster. Your changes ARE made, however you have to do this to force the browser to download the new files.
Nelsaidi
Forumember

Male Posts : 508

http://forum.erepublik.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Keeping changes after modifying forum Empty Re: Keeping changes after modifying forum

Post by ninabell February 6th 2009, 1:52 pm

Nelsaidi wrote:Ctrl + F5 Means clear the cache. Your web brwoser will save the files (including Images, possibly style sheets, etc) so when you load it, it loads faster. Your changes ARE made, however you have to do this to force the browser to download the new files.

But... will I have to do it every time I logg into the forum? How can I make the changes permanent?
ninabell

Back to top Go down

Post by incredible_fear February 6th 2009, 2:56 pm

i haven't faced that problem yet :wouhou:
incredible_fear
incredible_fear
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1582

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim February 6th 2009, 3:13 pm

what browser do you use?
and a link to your site just in case
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down