The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stopping guests from getting in my forum (solved)

2 posters

Go down

stopping guests from getting in my forum (solved) Empty stopping guests from getting in my forum (solved)

Post by hueydewey April 12th 2007, 8:20 am

My wife and i are pretty new at owning a forum..we went to alot of work to desighn a very sharp looking site. But am noticing that people can just come right into the forum through the portal,, and browse all the topics..and check everything out..without even having to register..is there any way i can stop this from happening...thank you for your assistance..
hueydewey

Male Posts : 3
Language : english

http://tucsonforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

stopping guests from getting in my forum (solved) Empty Re: stopping guests from getting in my forum (solved)

Post by The Godfather April 12th 2007, 10:07 am

Hello and welcome to Editboard FOF. Hello

Because you are new, here are useful links where you can look for answers befor opning a subject:

Arrow Frequently Asked Questions
Arrow List of the Frequently Asked Questions' topics
Arrow Tricks & Tips
Arrow List of the Tricks & Tips topics
Arrow The Search feature
Arrow The FAQ of Editboard.com

Moreover, if you don't find the answer for your question, don't hesitate to open a new topic since this section is made for this!

yes you can stop that by managing your forum permissions!! go to your admin panel>>forums>>permissions>>Forum Permissions Control.

for more details read this: Permissions

Smile
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

stopping guests from getting in my forum (solved) Empty Re: stopping guests from getting in my forum (solved)

Post by hueydewey April 12th 2007, 4:57 pm

Godfather, Thank you for your very quick and detailed explanation to our situation. The problem has now been resolved and perhaps we can enjoy a membership now. Its wonderful to know there is a support team available to help and assist those that are new to managing a forum,as i am finding out this may be a bit of a learning curve to create and maintain a site.
hueydewey

Male Posts : 3
Language : english

http://tucsonforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down