The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some html elements positioned differently in other browsers?

4 posters

Go down

Some html elements positioned differently in other browsers? Empty Some html elements positioned differently in other browsers?

Post by O.Fan April 19th 2007, 1:35 pm

Hi,

I positioned a few elements (counters, for page stats) on my front page. I used IE7. When I look at it with Firefox, the counters aren't in the exact same place on the page, especially if I try to put them somewhere outside the homepage welcome message box, like at the bottom of the page.
Inside the message box they are only one or two pixels out of place (with Firefox), compared to IE7.
Outside, at the bottom of the page, there can be 50-100 pixels verticaly (horizontaly they were fine) in difference with Firefox.

When I look at it with Opera, it's even worse, they are as they would be without using any positioning tags (they're centered, one on top of the other- there are two). Even though I checked my homepage html in Opera (of course it was the same), I pressed save just in case, checked the page, still the same thing, refreshed the page several times etc.

Still the same. Is Opera bad with this sort of thing or is there something about html I should be doing differently?

If someone else visits my page with Opera, will they see the counters one on top of the other, inside the message box?? Rolling Eyes

By the way I used this tag to position these counters: <span style="position:relative; left (or right): x; top: x;"></span>

I searched html online manuals to find a tag to do this and this one seemed to be ok.

Of course I could be wrong.. Very Happy

How do I fix this?

Thanks!
O.Fan
Forumember

Male Posts : 178
Language : French, English

http://olivianewtonjohn.editboard.com/

Back to top Go down

Some html elements positioned differently in other browsers? Empty Re: Some html elements positioned differently in other browsers?

Post by Caihlem April 19th 2007, 1:51 pm

<span style="position:relative; left (or right): x; top: x;"></span>

Have you tried removing the bold part?
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Some html elements positioned differently in other browsers? Empty Re: Some html elements positioned differently in other browsers?

Post by O.Fan April 19th 2007, 11:58 pm

No I thought it was a necessary part of the tag? (You have to specify if it's absolute or relative positioning, no?).

I'm going to try it, just to test..

Ok.. I tried, it just seems to cancel the tag. The graphic just goes to the center, where it would naturaly be, when you don't specify it's position.

I removed "relative;".

(I put it back in since! lol)
O.Fan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by hikki August 8th 2008, 3:03 am

hmm how about you put this code :

Spoiler:

change the <!--[if lte IE 7]> for browser if you dont want the box moved.

or you can used div tag

<div align="where you do you want to put left,center,right">the code</div>

i hope that help you
hikki
hikki
Forumember

Male Posts : 77
Language : English, Spanish, Italian, Portugesse, German, France, Russian.

http://dragondixducouran.bigforumpro.com/login.forum?connexion

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 August 8th 2008, 1:55 pm

Hikki, would you please stop resurrecting all those obsolete topics? This question has been asked over a year ago. Rolling Eyes
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by O.Fan August 9th 2008, 10:33 pm

Yes I've become an HTML master since <cough> Laughing
O.Fan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by hikki August 11th 2008, 4:17 am

i dont know this topic already asked a years ago cause the mod or admin not locked the thread, if this case already solved so the admin or mod should be locked the thread its meantly the problem case already solved, i'm not magician know this thread already solved or not or this thread already asked in years ago >_>; i'm just want to help the people have a problem thats all -__-'
hikki
hikki
Forumember

Male Posts : 77
Language : English, Spanish, Italian, Portugesse, German, France, Russian.

http://dragondixducouran.bigforumpro.com/login.forum?connexion

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 August 12th 2008, 2:57 am

Just look at the posting date... who said we have to close every single topic? Wink

Locked.
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down