The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I allow access to only parts of the forum for a special group?

3 posters

Go down

Can I allow access to only parts of the forum for a special group? Empty Can I allow access to only parts of the forum for a special group?

Post by Lessa March 21st 2009, 2:09 am

I have created a certain Group. I don't want them to have access to the whole forum, just one category. Is this possible and how do i do that. I tried in Permissions and it won't let me un-select the other categories.
Lessa

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Can I allow access to only parts of the forum for a special group? Empty Re: Can I allow access to only parts of the forum for a special group?

Post by magicm00n March 21st 2009, 2:46 am

In permissions if you check members, Everyone even in a group will be checked. So make a group that can access the whole forum but regular members can't.
magicm00n
magicm00n
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1305

Back to top Go down

Can I allow access to only parts of the forum for a special group? Empty Re: Can I allow access to only parts of the forum for a special group?

Post by Lessa March 21st 2009, 5:06 am

what? i don't understand this answer. I made a group that i call 'Special" i don't want them to see the rest of the forum. Only one Category.

It won't let me 'uncheck' the "special" members from the other categories
Lessa

Back to top Go down

Post by Lessa March 21st 2009, 5:14 am

they are highlighted in green and i can't 'uncheck' the categories that i don't want them to read
Lessa

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario March 21st 2009, 5:21 am

May I remind you that double/triple posting isn't tolerated unless separated by 24
hours (Use the edit button) Wink
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down