The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some phpBB3 workarounds for upgrade bugs

2 posters

Go down

Some phpBB3 workarounds for upgrade bugs Empty Some phpBB3 workarounds for upgrade bugs

Post by Guest March 25th 2009, 2:06 am

The default distorted look of the avatars in the memberlist is terrible on my phpBB3 forum. Until something is done about it in the code itself, those with phpBB3 forums can make those avatars look MUCH better by adding this line in your CSS:

Code:
td.avatar-mini a img {width: auto; height: auto; max-width: 50px; max-height: 50px; border: none;}
In addition, usernames in phpBB3 post profiles were needlessly turned into links. I say needlessly because each post profile contains a Profile button which contains the identical link now attached to the username. To make usernames look like they did before the "upgrade", add these two lines to your CSS:

Code:
.postprofile dt {color: #000000 ! important;}
.postprofile dt a {color: #000000 ! important; text-decoration: none ! important;}
Change the color code to whatever works on your forum.

Now...I hope forumotion puts back the online indicator code they commented out!

Back to top Go down

Some phpBB3 workarounds for upgrade bugs Empty Re: Some phpBB3 workarounds for upgrade bugs

Post by Brandon March 25th 2009, 6:03 am

it worked. EPIC POST!
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Male Posts : 361
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Some phpBB3 workarounds for upgrade bugs Empty Re: Some phpBB3 workarounds for upgrade bugs

Post by Sanket March 25th 2009, 2:56 pm

Thanks werefree, it will be a good help to other users. Appreciate your work.
Once other users approve of the code working fine, i will lock this topic.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down