The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internet Explorer & Chat Box

5 posters

Go down

Solved Internet Explorer & Chat Box

Post by oggbad May 4th 2009, 12:45 am

A couple of members have had a problem with MSIE and Chatbox - in the first case chatbox would appear in a seperate window - but it fixed itself in a day or two.
The current problem is the user can see the chatbox, can log in to the chatbox but cannot post anything. She has tried Firefox and it is the same. I know Firefox shares settings with MSIE - is there a fix?

http://faded-aspidistra.bestforumonline.com/

EDIT *********Thanks guys******* EDIT

Last edited by oggbad on September 2nd 2009, 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
oggbad
oggbad
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Internet Explorer & Chat Box

Post by pizza May 4th 2009, 1:21 am

you dont have to use firefox, try google chrome or safari
pizza
pizza
Forumember

Male Posts : 99

http://pizza.forumotion.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by oggbad May 4th 2009, 12:21 pm

I know there are other browser options but it worked fine before and now it doesn't - something has changed - presumably in a browser update. I just wondered if admins knew what settings might be blocking the reply function.
oggbad
oggbad
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by oggbad May 6th 2009, 9:32 pm

Is that a no from Admins then?
oggbad
oggbad
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 6th 2009, 10:14 pm

I do not think it's a browser problem. but anything can be possible?
Anyway the chat box can sometimes have glitches this has bin happening for a long time and you usually have to wait it out.

try turning the chat box off/disabling it for a wile. then turn it back on.
sometimes even turning it off then moving it to the top or bottom then turning it off again then back on works too.

but the best bet is to just turn it off for a few hours or day then turn it back on.See if that helps out it usually works for me all the time Smile
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by oggbad May 7th 2009, 12:24 am

kirk wrote:I do not think it's a browser problem. but anything can be possible?
Anyway the chat box can sometimes have glitches this has bin happening for a long time and you usually have to wait it out.

sometimes even turning it off then moving it to the top or bottom then turning it off again then back on works too.

but the best bet is to just turn it off for a few hours or day then turn it back on.See if that helps out it usually works for me all the time Smile

Thanks Kirk - I will give it a go. Cool
oggbad
oggbad
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 7th 2009, 4:55 am

oggbad wrote:
kirk wrote:I do not think it's a browser problem. but anything can be possible?

Thanks Kirk - I will give it a go. Cool

OK please be sure to let us know if you get it working or not.
even better edit your fist post here and click solved if it's fixed. Mr. Green
thanx
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by blackladyfine August 31st 2009, 5:05 pm

The chatbox is not showing in internet explorer or google chrome. This is a must some user dont use anything but IE and this is not a good thing. I have went to another forum and those browsers work fine. It has to be a problem with this forum.
blackladyfine

Female Posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathspawn August 31st 2009, 9:29 pm

I personally hate the Lagbox. (Lag + Chat box... yeah, you get my point.) I do have a way of getting around it also. You can place an IRC wiget onto your board, and stick it in a spoiler, or you can embed a different chat if you like. What I do is use a simple iframe code and place the url to my mibbit widget for the source, and then resize it to however I like, place it into a spoiler code (BBCode will not work.) and go to Display > Homepage Generalities > Homepage Message on the admin panel. You can then instert any code you like, weather it be an irc widget, or something else you have. You are not limited to using the lagbox. If you want to see how this looks with an IRC spoiler, go to my forum.
Deathspawn
Deathspawn
Forumember

Male Posts : 76

http://dsirc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 1st 2009, 12:16 am

see if this code works for you.
you can test it in a post. if it works. then you have to tell me where you want it.. um if your using phpbb2 or punbb you can have it in a template
or you can add it to you sites description. theres a few places.. so just see if it works first.. it should?

or you can try using one like Deathspawn suggested. his is pretty cool.
but the code below is for your forums chat box.

Code:
 <iframe frameborder=0 width=700 height=300 src=http://faded-aspidistra.bestforumonline.com/chatbox/chatbox.forum marginheight=2 marginwidth=2 scrolling=no allowtransparency=yes name=chatbox style=border:#002EFF 1px solid;border-top:0px></iframe>

hey you know actually log into your forum and go over here. if it works for you there then it will work on your forum Smile remeber you will have to loged into your forum to see if it works. it's right at the top of my page here
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down