prohibiting mods to access admin cp Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

prohibiting mods to access admin cp

bsks
    bsks
    Forumember

Female Posts : 82
    Language : English

prohibiting mods to access admin cp Empty prohibiting mods to access admin cp

Post by bsks May 24th 2007, 7:55 pm

how is it possible to moderators not to access the admin panel?

thanks!
    Kol Vol
    Kol Vol
    Forumember

Male Posts : 364

prohibiting mods to access admin cp Empty Re: prohibiting mods to access admin cp

Post by Kol Vol May 24th 2007, 9:00 pm

They can never acces the admin panel
    bsks
    bsks
    Forumember

prohibiting mods to access admin cp Empty Re: prohibiting mods to access admin cp

Post by bsks May 24th 2007, 9:26 pm

sure? i made a test username and i put it in special permission like the mods are now, and i found out when i logged in that test id have an admin panel link.
    GeoX

Post by GeoX May 24th 2007, 9:54 pm

make sure in the permissions that the user is set to :USER" not to "administrator"
    bsks
    bsks
    Forumember

Post by bsks May 24th 2007, 11:55 pm

make sure in the permissions that the user is set to :USER" not to "administrator"

oh yeah, i didnt see that! its ok now. thanks G!
    Kol Vol
    Kol Vol
    Forumember

Post by Kol Vol May 25th 2007, 8:19 am

What permissions?!?

I never heard of permissions for an admin panel, I thought admins were the only ones that could do that!
    bsks
    bsks
    Forumember

Post by bsks May 25th 2007, 11:30 pm

go to admin==> user admin & group admin===>special users==>permissions==>click their username==>user level should be "user" and not "administrator" coz if it is, they have the access to ur admin panel
    Kol Vol
    Kol Vol
    Forumember

Post by Kol Vol May 26th 2007, 9:11 am

Yes but putting their level to administrator is making them an administrator. By making them a moderator they don't become admin.
    GeoX

Post by GeoX May 26th 2007, 12:09 pm

Kol Vol wrote:Yes but putting their level to administrator is making them an administrator. By making them a moderator they don't become admin.

just leave them as "user" and give them permissions for the sections u want them to moderate Smile