The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Categorys and Forums

4 posters

Go down

Solved Categorys and Forums

Post by Ziggy V July 21st 2009, 3:50 am

Hello everyone.

I have just got back online after a week and last Tuesday, I added two new sections and now they're gone. The topics that were in the sections are gone, some new posts in other topics are gone, my avatar is gone, and my signature has been change back to the old one. I don't know what's going on. I spent so much time on those two sections and now their gone.

Is there anyway I can get my forum back to the way it was? I would really appreciate your help. I'm pretty upset. Sad

Also, if this is in the wrong section, I'm sorry. I didn't know where to post it.

Thanks,
Ziggy V
Ziggy V
Ziggy V
Forumember

Female Posts : 29
Language : English

http://www.thekillerhotel.0forum.biz

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Categorys and Forums

Post by Rok July 21st 2009, 3:53 am

You are possibly going through a forum back-up. Did you back-up your forum before the week you left?
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario July 21st 2009, 4:24 am

How long hae you have your forum? Some forums lost data from the 4 servers that went crazy. The techs tried to restore all data but they couldn't. It was most likely your forum was amoung them.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziggy V July 21st 2009, 5:59 am

Rok wrote:You are possibly going through a forum back-up. Did you back-up your forum before the week you left?

No, I didn't. I didn't think anything would happen to it.

MrMario wrote:How long hae you have your forum? Some forums lost data from the 4 servers that went crazy. The techs tried to restore all data but they couldn't. It was most likely your forum was amoung them.

I've had my forum since November of last year. It has never done anything like this. The only REAL problem that I've had with it was when mine and a lot of people's forums were not displaying at all. Then a couple of days later, it was fine. This is frustrating... :/
Ziggy V
Ziggy V
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk July 21st 2009, 6:15 am

Well if your forum was one of them that lost data due to the server mishap there is nothing that can be done. forumotion techs tried there hardest to recover the most they could. and they did recover a lot But unfortunately there are still many that have lost some data including me and some others i know.

I do not know if there is a way to find out if someones forum where one that was affected by this? Iam trying to find out now.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziggy V July 21st 2009, 8:35 am

When did all of this happen?

By the way, I'm not mad at anyone and I understand that forumotion techs tried. I just wanted to clear that up. I'm just freaking out a bit. :/

I'll just make the sections again, I'm sure my members want mind. Thanks (but do please answer my other question. Very Happy )
Ziggy V
Ziggy V
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk July 21st 2009, 9:24 am

I think it was like a week ago.
What was the other question or was when did it happen it?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziggy V July 21st 2009, 9:35 am

It was "when did it happen." Thanks. I didn't know because I wasn't on here since Tuesday. Ok, I'm going to create my sections now. Thanks and I hope I want have to ask more help questions any time soon. bye
Ziggy V
Ziggy V
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk July 21st 2009, 9:38 am

No problem

Since the answers appear to have been provided i will now mark the topic as solved and lock the thread
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down