The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how verify my webpage with html tag

Go down

how verify my webpage with html tag Empty how verify my webpage with html tag

Post by iceQ June 12th 2007, 9:30 pm

hello all
i try to verify my webpage with the html tag
but without succses cause iam 'amateur"
the directions were they gave me there are bellow :

# Choose the "Upload an HTML file" option.
# Create the file that we ask for (we will ask for a unique filename, such as g***gle**e5**432*****.html). The file itself can be empty. We will not read the contents of the file, only check to see that it exists. You can create this file in any text editor. Make sure this file has the exact name shown on the "Verify" tab. The filename is case-sensitive and must have an ".html" extension. Once you have created the file, upload it to your webserver to the location we specify. Generally, this is the root folder for your site.
# Once you have uploaded the file, click the "Verify" button. We will verify that the file exists in the specified location. If it does, we'll show a status of VERIFIED and provide a link to your site statistics. You can view your statistics at any time after your site is verified by clicking the site link on the Dashboard.
************************************************************************************************************
Once you verify that you're the site owner, we can provide you with comprehensive statistics and error information about the pages in your site. If you're unable to verify, you can still use the webmaster tools, submit Sitemaps, and see detailed information about those Sitemaps as well as basic information about your site.

We offer two methods of verification.
You can either upload an HTML file with a name we specify, or you can add a META tag to your site's index file. Choose your preferred method below.

Copy the META tag listed below and paste it in your site's home page in the first <HEAD> section of the page, before the first <BODY> section.

<meta name="verify-v1" content="h+R*****+H8kV*****vEf*****46lHU*****hq1E=" />
I've added the META tag in the home page of http://www.g**gle.com/.

Verification status: NOT VERIFIED
We've detected that your verification file returns a status of 404 (Not found) in the header.

Create the HTML verification file specified below and upload it to http://www.goo**e.com/

googl********4*********543.html
1. I've created a file named googlebe*****ef******69*****.html.
2. I've uploaded the file to h****//www.g**gle.com/ and can view http://www.g****le.com/googlebe**********6d94*****90.html in my browser...
****************************************************************************************************************
If somebody knows where & how I"ll insert in the board's right place ..
this Meta tag or Html tag ..
any help are welcome !
thanks in advance
Very Happy
iceQ
iceQ
Forumember

Male Posts : 60
Language : Hellas

http://www.allsat4.buy-talk.com

Back to top Go down

how verify my webpage with html tag Empty Re: how verify my webpage with html tag

Post by GeoX June 13th 2007, 3:55 am

hello,

try to paste the code that the google gives u in the "meta tags" field

1-admin panel

2-general admin

3-homepage..then to the right u will find the "meta tags" box..paste the code there (if the google did give u one to verify your website) then save and make google re-verify again
GeoX

Back to top Go down

how verify my webpage with html tag Empty Re: how verify my webpage with html tag

Post by iceQ June 14th 2007, 12:09 am

GeoX wrote:hello,

try to paste the code that the google gives u in the "meta tags" field

1-admin panel

2-general admin

3-homepage..then to the right u will find the "meta tags" box..paste the code there (if the google did give u one to verify your website) then save and make google re-verify again
thank you for the directions Smile
I tryed & two ways but doesnt verifys me !
with html way
-if i tryed to make verify with Html code
1)realy how make html this -> googlebe*****ef******69*****.html. (which google gaves to me)
2) where exactely i will put it on homepage !
a) Homepage title (i am not think so to put it here)
b)Other meta tags (on the first-or in the midle-or in the end )
with Metatag way
-for put a metaTag code they said to me :
"Copy the meta tag listed below and paste it in your site's home page in the first <head> section of the page, before the first <body> section." (what exactely they are mean ??) Question
(Iam so stupied feel !) confused
thank you very-very much twice again ! Smile
,.& have a nice time ...
iceQ
iceQ
Forumember

Male Posts : 60
Language : Hellas

http://www.allsat4.buy-talk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoX June 14th 2007, 2:22 am

hello, No actually google want's u to place it on your folder on the server..and sorry that's not possible dude, but submitting your URL in google is quite enough, the verification is for stats tools..and it's not so necessary right now Smile..

try something else like

how verify my webpage with html tag Lgo_text
GeoX

Back to top Go down