The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site back up from hijack, but new issues

2 posters

Go down

Site back up from hijack, but new issues Empty Site back up from hijack, but new issues

Post by Aoshi1 13/8/2009, 22:01

I am not sure if this warrants a new thread, and if not, apologies are in order. My forum seems to be back up, in a sesnse, after being hijacked/hacked. Thing is, over half of our threads and sections are gone, all of our graphics are gone, and the most important thing: no one can log in. I am not the founder, but an admin. I can try to restore what I can, but I need to access the site again. When I came to these forums for help, I had to re-register in able to post my issues. I used the saem name/email/pw as I had before. Would I have to delete my current account (that I am posting from right now) in order to restore my old account? Any help is appreciated.

Also, the banner at the top now saws Forumotion, where it previosly said dark.bb . Is this maybe a cause for the forum being down and missing for so long? I am hoping not.

Last edited by Aoshi1 on 13/8/2009, 22:07; edited 1 time in total
Aoshi1

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Site back up from hijack, but new issues Empty Re: Site back up from hijack, but new issues

Post by Sanket 13/8/2009, 22:04

You need the founder to restore your forum. Otherwise you can't restore the forum.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Site back up from hijack, but new issues Empty Re: Site back up from hijack, but new issues

Post by Aoshi1 13/8/2009, 22:08

Thank you, appreciate it. He's in the same boat I am in. 2 days before this happened, he'd requested to have the founders rights passed over to me, but nothing happened. I guess he is still waiting on his password to be reset. Again, thanks.
Aoshi1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket 13/8/2009, 22:10

founders rights can be passed over by him by basically changing the email address & password in the admin panel to his profile. Along with that change the email address in the utilities.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down