The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there an HTML where all you have to do is add an image to it and then my site will have that image as the favicon?

+4
AiKirika
dotDavid
TheKiller
coolmickey_mv
8 posters

Go down

Is there an HTML where all you have to do is add an image to it and then my site will have that image as the favicon? Empty Is there an HTML where all you have to do is add an image to it and then my site will have that image as the favicon?

Post by coolmickey_mv August 29th 2009, 5:48 pm

Is there an HTML where all you have to do is add an image to it and then my site will have that image, which was placed in the html, as the favicon of my site?
coolmickey_mv
coolmickey_mv
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Is there an HTML where all you have to do is add an image to it and then my site will have that image as the favicon? Empty Re: Is there an HTML where all you have to do is add an image to it and then my site will have that image as the favicon?

Post by TheKiller August 29th 2009, 6:41 pm

<link rel="Shortcut Icon"href="YOUR PICTURE ADDRESS">
TheKiller
TheKiller
Forumember

Male Posts : 291

http://RisingDead.UltimaRPG.net

Back to top Go down

Is there an HTML where all you have to do is add an image to it and then my site will have that image as the favicon? Empty Re: Is there an HTML where all you have to do is add an image to it and then my site will have that image as the favicon?

Post by coolmickey_mv August 30th 2009, 1:43 am

Thanks but the html you gave me isnt working.
coolmickey_mv
coolmickey_mv
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by TheKiller August 30th 2009, 3:57 am

the Code is wroking dude.....
what browser are you using ??
Try Mozilla
TheKiller
TheKiller
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid August 30th 2009, 4:00 am

Ah... why can't you just type in the image address into the favicon section, in the forum configuration area?
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 30th 2009, 4:49 am

Um... This sounds stupid but you are using *.ico right? Can you give some code?

Back to top Go down

Post by AiKirika August 30th 2009, 5:17 pm

you dont need a code to set up a favicon
in your admin cp there is a feature where you can add a favicon image of any size and to my knowledge of any image file type

general > configuration > add/change favicon (its the 4th from the top)
AiKirika
AiKirika
Forumember

Female Posts : 480
Language : english, german

Back to top Go down

Post by TheKiller August 30th 2009, 7:05 pm

ermm
coolmickey_mv
if your picture is .ICO i dont think you can use it
Try a .jpg or .gif image formats
maybe he needs the HTML Code to add it to his HTML Page or whatever.......
TheKiller
TheKiller
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by coolmickey_mv September 1st 2009, 2:32 am

I was using a picture that had .PNG in the end. And I would use the admin thing to add a favicon but I dont know any image site that can make an image of mine to an adress that has .ICO....
coolmickey_mv
coolmickey_mv
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 1st 2009, 2:40 am

AiKirika wrote:you dont need a code to set up a favicon
in your admin cp there is a feature where you can add a favicon image of any size and to my knowledge of any image file type

i think all you can use are the ones there to choose from. i tried to add my own small image and it did not work.. so I'm not sure? i tried the direct link,img tags and html. none of them worked for me.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by notMicElf September 1st 2009, 5:03 am

kirk wrote:
AiKirika wrote:you dont need a code to set up a favicon

i think all you can use are the ones there to choose from. i tried to add my own small image and it did not work.. so I'm not sure? i tried the direct link,img tags and html. none of them worked for me.

I've found a way of getting them to work. I upload my favicon to a blogging site that allows you to upload one, then simply copy & pasting the code worked for me.

If anyone needed help, I could upload yours and give you the code to add (worst case situation)
notMicElf
notMicElf
Forumember

Male Posts : 377
Language : English, HTML, CSS, Java

Back to top Go down

Post by coolmickey_mv September 2nd 2009, 1:33 am

What blogging site?
coolmickey_mv
coolmickey_mv
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku93 September 2nd 2009, 1:58 am

Code:
<link rel="icon" href="IMAGE LINK" type="image/x-icon">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="IMAGE LINK" type="image/x-icon"><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>

Try using this put it after < head > command then it will work it should be in between < head > < /head > commands
Goku93
Goku93
Forumember

Male Posts : 255
Language : English,Urdu,HTML,CSS,Coding,C++,Hacking

http://www.zamboadvertising.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathspawn September 2nd 2009, 2:24 am

General > Forum > Configuration > Forum favicon

Works perfect on all pages. No need to insert html. Even works on all other browsers.
Deathspawn
Deathspawn
Forumember

Male Posts : 76

http://dsirc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku93 September 2nd 2009, 2:27 am

well if you want to add favicon on your forum then Deathspawn is right but if you are going to make an html page for your forum then you will be needing the code i gave you to add favicon on it otherwise it won't show icon on it
Goku93
Goku93
Forumember

Male Posts : 255
Language : English,Urdu,HTML,CSS,Coding,C++,Hacking

http://www.zamboadvertising.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathspawn September 2nd 2009, 2:43 am

Goku93 wrote:well if you want to add favicon on your forum then Deathspawn is right but if you are going to make an html page for your forum then you will be needing the code i gave you to add favicon on it otherwise it won't show icon on it

Good point, I forgot about the HTML pages. Yes, you would need a separate code for those.
Deathspawn
Deathspawn
Forumember

Male Posts : 76

http://dsirc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by coolmickey_mv September 2nd 2009, 2:55 am

Sigh, the html STILL doesnt work and im not doing anything wrong im doing everything you guys are saying and whats Deathspawn site address called?
coolmickey_mv
coolmickey_mv
Forumember

Back to top Go down