The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members Private Messages

4 posters

Go down

Members Private Messages Empty Members Private Messages

Post by busybee October 3rd 2009, 4:10 pm

Hi

Confidential private messages that have been sent to members appear to have gone to other members. Example. A member sent me a p/m and it also went to other members. Then I replied to that message and it was sent to other people. These are very confidential messages and this has caused so much anger on my forum, Anger and embarrassment.

Is there any way I can delete all the private messages in members private message box.
I have had to close the forum until I get this sorted and more p/ms go to the wrong people. I need all members inboxes deleted.

Thank you
busybee
Forumember

Female Posts : 122
Language : English

http://poetryandfriends.forum-motion.com/

Back to top Go down

Members Private Messages Empty Re: Members Private Messages

Post by MrMario October 4th 2009, 12:43 am

There is no way since its called private.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by busybee October 4th 2009, 5:46 am

Thank you for your reply. As for being Private all members messages have gone to the wrong people. This happened last night when upgrades were causing havoc. My members no longer think they are private. You have no idea the anger this has caused my members.

Maggie
busybee
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario October 4th 2009, 5:50 am

I understand, I can forward this issue to someone that work with the company and pass it on to the techs to check whats going on. But they don't come online till Monday.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by busybee October 4th 2009, 3:08 pm

Hi

I have even received an email from a member off another forum. It had her registration details on it yet addressed to my forum email address.
The reason I asked if all p/ms could be erased was to stop other members receiving the wrong p/ms.

I sent my home address to a member via p/m on Thursday. I received several p/ms back to me on Friday night with my address on it from members that I had not sent the address to. These members had p/messaged me but the contents in the message was my address and not their original message

It does not matter now as anyone who received the p/ms in error have now collected them.

However it's best I note this fault to you which happened on Friday night.

Thank you Maggie

busybee
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by busybee October 5th 2009, 2:15 pm

This problem is still going on in my forum. I have today received a copy of a private message i sent to a member. However this message has been returned to me by the person that received it. It had her name on as the sender and not mine.

I need this matter sorted soon as it has caused outrage on my forum. Not only that this has proved that the private messages are not private. I have had to disable the p/messaging facility until this is sorted.

Thank you
busybee
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by bsb2000 October 5th 2009, 6:13 pm

I don't know if this is related or not but one of my members has reported his PM's are being returned to him rather than the person he's sending them to.
bsb2000
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_m October 5th 2009, 7:00 pm

The only way you could do this is by changing the members' password from within your administrator panel, then logging in as them (their username and the password you've just given them) going to inbox and deleting the PM's.

Then you would need to email said member and tell them that their password has been reset to blah blah, for whatever reason. Assuming you wouldn't want to tell them the real reason, I don't know!

Chances are they have already read them, anyway! But also anyone who has sent these PM's, if they delete them from their OUTBOX then the recipient will not receive them (unless recipient has already read them).

I don't understand how this would happen though unless users were accidentally added as carbon copies. If it is the case, it seems like a serious technical fault!
matt_m
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by busybee October 6th 2009, 2:31 am

The p.ms are being sort of returned to me and others but they have other members names and avatars on who had no links to those messages at all. I sent my address to my admin. It was sent back to me a day later by someone else. Another member made a complaint about a member and that complaint went to several people as well as myself. This started happening on Friday night and was still happening this morning. My members all know about it as so many have been involved, so I thought it was best to disable the p.ms till this is sorted.
I will wait till I get some explanation if this is fixed or not. Hopefully staff will be looking into this.

Another thing was i got an email from the board of forumotion. It was addressed to my forum email address but was from a person not on my forum. It also had her name and password on it as it was a reply using her registration details email..
busybee
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario October 6th 2009, 2:58 am

Please hold this issue has been forward to the tech staff and looking for an fix.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by busybee October 6th 2009, 12:03 pm

MrMario wrote:Please hold this issue has been forward to the tech staff and looking for an fix.

Thank you.

Maggie
busybee
Forumember

Back to top Go down