The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to hand over Forum to new owner?

3 posters

Go down

How to hand over Forum to new owner? Empty How to hand over Forum to new owner?

Post by Coz November 8th 2009, 11:43 pm

I posted this in the wrong section and was asked to post here, so sorry for double posting.

My question;

I would like to hand the forum over completely to the other existing Administrator, so they have full control.

I fairly sure ive seen this can be done, but i cant locate the area in Admin CP.

Could someone direct me plz.

Thanks.
Coz
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

How to hand over Forum to new owner? Empty Re: How to hand over Forum to new owner?

Post by Darren1 November 8th 2009, 11:47 pm

How to hand over Forum to new owner? Hello

You can't find any option in the admin panel, because there is no option there Wink

All that is required for you to do, is to hand the password of your account to the new owner, whom can then log into that account with the password they were given, and then change the password.

The forum is thus theirs.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

How to hand over Forum to new owner? Empty Re: How to hand over Forum to new owner?

Post by Coz November 8th 2009, 11:52 pm

So your saying they take over my profile?

I don't want to leave the forum, just hand over all controls and drop myself (or have them do it) down to user.
Coz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 8th 2009, 11:55 pm

darren1 wrote:How to hand over Forum to new owner? Hello

You can't find any option in the admin panel, because there is no option there Wink

All that is required for you to do, is to hand the password of your account to the new owner, whom can then log into that account with the password they were given, and then change the password.

The forum is thus theirs.

Actually you go to delete the forum and it will ask you if you want to hand the forum over to another person and you put there email address of the person you are handing it over too.

but dont do that. because i think they changed it some how and i will have to ask an admin exactly how this is done know.

but they way Darren has suggested would work you can just change the email to there's in the admin panel under your account and give them the pass. but the only thing with that is. if the new admin ever lost the pass or had to use the utility tools he would have to know the orig anal email address the forum was created with. and also have access to the email to retrieve any information sent.

so dont do that either yet. let me make sure on exactly how this is done now.

Last edited by kirk on November 9th 2009, 12:03 am; edited 2 times in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Coz November 8th 2009, 11:58 pm

Ok, cheers mate. Ill wait for your reply.

ed - I just noticed the note under deletion:

'If your forum has a substancial community,
Instead of deleting it, you can transfer the administration to someone else.

Please use this option only if you are totally sure...'

But only gives me the option to hit the delete button..and to be honest...im scared of doing that lol.
Coz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 9th 2009, 12:04 am

Ok this is from mrmario. thanx mario i was un sure how this was done now.

Give the person who wants the founder account the password to the utilities so that they can change it to their email and password. Then give them the password to the account so that they can change the email and password.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 November 9th 2009, 12:07 am

But only gives me the option to hit the delete button..and to be honest...im scared of doing that lol.

Just hit another link on the admin panel such as the tabs, and do as we have described above Wink

Oh kirk, thanks for the utilities part, I completely forgot 'bout them lol!
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 9th 2009, 12:21 am

darren1 wrote:

Just hit another link on the admin panel such as the tabs, and do as we have described above Wink

Oh kirk, thanks for the utilities part, I completely forgot 'bout them lol!

no this just in fom mario.. lol dont hit delete..

kirk wrote:Ok this is from mrmario. thanx mario i was un sure how this was done now.

Give the person who wants the founder account the password to the utilities so that they can change it to their email and password. Then give them the password to the account so that they can change the email and password.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coz November 9th 2009, 12:40 am

Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

Might be because its early, but im more confused now that when i came in..

Could you guys expand on that plz.

Password to the utilities? So they are taking over my entire profile?
Coz
Forumember

Back to top Go down