The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members getting option to BAN others

4 posters

Go down

Members getting option to BAN others Empty Members getting option to BAN others

Post by SoulNeedsHelp November 29th 2009, 3:44 am

I have had a few members of our site tell me that they see the BAN option when viewing profiles of other members. This should not be the case as they are not Administrators of the website. I cannot find the option to remove this ability. Any help would be appreciated.

(I had a member test the BAN option on an extra account I created just for that purpose and it did indeed ban it.)
SoulNeedsHelp

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Members getting option to BAN others Empty Re: Members getting option to BAN others

Post by Diana November 29th 2009, 5:10 am

maybe they´ve joined the moderators group or some other group like that. Automatically. You don´t have to be an admin to ban.
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1286

Back to top Go down

Members getting option to BAN others Empty Re: Members getting option to BAN others

Post by Jophy November 29th 2009, 7:50 am

do you have a member group where all of your members are placed there?
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 November 29th 2009, 8:04 am

Members getting option to BAN others Hello

Zoids, didnt we have this or something similar popup a few weeks ago?

Can you also check ur security setting of "allow mods to ban" = yes (ill explain why yes in a sec)
Admin panel >> Display ( Tab ) >> Forum/Security > Disallow moderators to ban members : = yes

This will not allow mods to ban; ONLY admins can ban with this option enabled, and has temporarily been set back to front by one of our technician's Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down