The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat questions

4 posters

Go down

Chat questions Empty Chat questions

Post by critter December 4th 2009, 1:43 am

Hi, I have chat box up on my site, but it times out really fast.. and users are not too happy with it. I looked at the xat chat, don't really like it, but if I can't get the chat box to stop timing people out then I'm not sure what other chats I could attach.

I tried to attach the xat chat as an html page following instructions I'd read in another thread. It all worked except the 'enter to chat' was not linked to the html page and I couldn't figure out how to do that.. and again, I don't really like xat chat, and would prefer to use the chat box but stop it from timing out..

How can I put chat box as a link to another page (the html code and then link) and how can I fix it so it stops timing out?

Thanks!
critter

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Chat questions Empty Re: Chat questions

Post by Gamers-Needs December 4th 2009, 1:45 am

i dunno how to do that.But do you mind helping me?How do you add a new tab?I want ot name the tab "chatbox" so when people click it,the xat box will appear.I dont want to put it as the homepage message cause its large and people got to scroll down quite a bit to start forums.How to add my own tab?
Gamers-Needs
Gamers-Needs
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Agenda December 4th 2009, 2:23 am

Both of you can try the following options:

You can use an iframe HTML tag to peek the chat box on a new HTML page (the rough way of doing it), or you can add the chat box to a Portal.

In your Portal Management, drag the pre-built Chatbox module into your Portal's structure, and then Save the structure.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then you might have to search for a different provider other than xat box (that's kind of more for MySpace anyway). Wink
Agenda
Agenda
Forumember

Male Posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamers-Needs December 4th 2009, 4:50 am

thanks.It worked.But it says "portal" how to change the name to "chatbox"?
Gamers-Needs
Gamers-Needs
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by critter December 4th 2009, 4:16 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a try.. but what about this timing out on the chat box? Is there a way to adjust or turn it off?
critter

Back to top Go down

Post by critter December 5th 2009, 6:02 pm

Well, I don't know how to do either of these things. The last time I put the portal up it had all kinds of stuff I don't want on my page. I don't know what a portal is, I don't want links all over the place to this or that. Which is why I don't like the xat chat either, all those links and tabs to other chats. Don't want that.

All I want is a chat box that doesn't time out on me. If it's on my home page, fine, if another page, fine.

How can I get the chat box to stop timing out. Or, If I can find a totally different chat outside of forumotion, how cna I link it to my page so users can just click the link and go there.

I did add a page with html code and even had "Enter to Chat" but the link did not work, so no one could click it to get to the chat box.

Last edited by Sanket on December 5th 2009, 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Color Removed)
critter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 5th 2009, 8:48 pm

critter, Bold and Color are reserved for moderation, like this, so please keep to the default font
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by critter December 5th 2009, 8:54 pm

Sanket wrote:critter, Bold and Color are reserved for moderation, like this, so please keep to the default font

I haven't used bold or color on my posts? All I did was click post and type in the box, I didn't bold or select any colors.. is it showing as bold and colored on your screen? It isn't on mine.. Question If it is showing on your screen, then I'm assuming I can no longer post any questions here since I have no idea why it would be showing as bold or colored when I haven't selected bold or colored..

Apologies for however it is that that is happening..
critter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 5th 2009, 8:57 pm

You had selected color. You can post your problems without coloring & using bold for text.

Thanks for your understanding Smile
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down