The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to hide my profile from everybody-I am admin

4 posters

Go down

how to hide my profile from everybody-I am admin Empty how to hide my profile from everybody-I am admin

Post by Ronie_iz_BaD1 December 14th 2009, 7:54 am

yes please tell how do I save myself from hackers
Ronie_iz_BaD1
Ronie_iz_BaD1
Forumember

Male Posts : 78
Language : english

http://ronieizbad.net

Back to top Go down

how to hide my profile from everybody-I am admin Empty Re: how to hide my profile from everybody-I am admin

Post by Jophy December 14th 2009, 10:01 am

I think this is not possible on forumotion.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

how to hide my profile from everybody-I am admin Empty Re: how to hide my profile from everybody-I am admin

Post by johnerick-019 December 14th 2009, 10:09 am

It's Posible!..

if your forum have so many users!

you can hide yourself!........

Or Kindly change your rank and put your Admin account to Member group!..

Try that!>.
johnerick-019
johnerick-019
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracian December 14th 2009, 10:44 am

You can never have 100% security but you can make it hard enough to not worth it hacking anyway. Besides the above suggestions, you can set the "Confirm password to administration access" and "Disallow 'Send by email a new password' to administrators and moderators" to YES, use a complicated letters-and-numbers-lowercase-and-uppercase password,and, to avoid phishing and any other means of stealing your password, I would recommend that you make a new account, give it administrator rights, and use it instead of the founder account. Thus you will have done everything in your powers and, if sh*t happens anyway, you can always contact Typlo or Lucky for assistance.

Good luck!
Tracian
Tracian
Forumember

Male Posts : 70
Language : Bulgarian, English, Latin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy December 14th 2009, 12:45 pm

johnerick-019 wrote:It's Posible!..

if your forum have so many users!

you can hide yourself!........

Or Kindly change your rank and put your Admin account to Member group!..

Try that!>.

you can hide your online status but i think you can't hide your profile.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronie_iz_BaD1 December 15th 2009, 10:19 am

If I will hide my admin status then how would I be contacted?

I was thinking something like two passwords required to login for admins and mods,
besides some google map and my ip like thing to confim I am from this room, or lock the access to this PC only.My forum members aint like a family, I mean before my http address of the forum showed up on google my admin profile page was on google, that means more number of people browse[d] at my profile page than my whole 300 topics forum.and that means they viewed that on and on, spent time on it only, because to go to my profile page you must enter forum, but they only visited the forum once and continously tried to gather information from my profile Shocked
Forumotion must add some features for those who are willing to pay for it as an upgrade,
but as its a free forum so a paid facility would be partial. Shocked
Ronie_iz_BaD1
Ronie_iz_BaD1
Forumember

Male Posts : 78
Language : english

http://ronieizbad.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy December 15th 2009, 10:34 am

Well for this, you can have double admin accounts, the one is you(founder) and you can hide your admin status and for the other fake admin account(which is you also) which you can make it for admin actions and try having different passwords for these 2 accounts
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down