The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pictures....

3 posters

Go down

Pictures.... Empty Pictures....

Post by CaptainDownriggins December 17th 2009, 12:01 am

I have received a few concerns and questions of pictures not showing from Photobucket when a user is logged in to the site. Vice versa. If member is not logged in the picture is viewable.

I've (we've) attempted to clear the forum cookies and refresh pages, but this in not helping.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated

www.captaindownriggins.forumotion.net
CaptainDownriggins

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Pictures.... Empty Re: Pictures....

Post by Darren1 December 17th 2009, 12:29 am

Pictures.... Hello

So whats happening is that users logged out can see images, but users logged in can't see the images correct?

Lets check your permissions:
Can you please get the name of a forum which this occurs in ( I'll call mine "games" )
Now, please go to: Admin panel >> General ( Tab ) >> Categories & Forum > find the forum you named before ( Mines games as before ), for me it's the forum "Games", can you hit the permissions ( ) button please, and please tell me what the drop down box next to the text below says
See images in the messages :

By the sounds of things, it should be set to "all", is this so?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk December 17th 2009, 1:30 am

i am not sure? i would need to see a screen shot. it seems i can see all the images fine.. but i am not sure what post or images you are referring to either?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainDownriggins December 17th 2009, 5:12 pm

darren1 wrote:Pictures.... Hello

So whats happening is that users logged out can see images, but users logged in can't see the images correct?

By the sounds of things, it should be set to "all", is this so?

Checked all permissions, and you are correct- if logged in to the forum, certain members cannot view pictures.

Kirk.... I believe the reason you can view the pictures is you are not logged in (?)

Here's is one of the forum posts in question:

http://captaindownriggins.forumotion.net/salmon-anglers-online-f1/lure-paint-shop-t331.htm?sid=0448b5d3c974848dded95184aed63094

Again, thanks in advanced!
CaptainDownriggins

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk December 17th 2009, 5:19 pm

i'll have to register to see. have you tried useing a different image host like tiny pic or something like that.

can you give a screen shot on what your seeing.. is it just blank or is there a box showing up with a red x.. or is it just the photobucket logo?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainDownriggins December 17th 2009, 7:40 pm

Kirk,

Thanks for all your help.....

I failed to mention is has only been a recent issue and only effects certain users. Strange eh?

Other image hosts don't have this issue... Perhaps the only "issue" I might guess is the code link is a "direct" link vice IMG Code link. Time will tell...

Hopefully, if others are experiencing this issue they'll chime in!
CaptainDownriggins

Back to top Go down