The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I ban a member that hid her online status for 3 months??

5 posters

Go down

Should I ban a member that hid her online status for 3 months?? Empty Should I ban a member that hid her online status for 3 months??

Post by BloomStellaFlora February 8th 2010, 11:57 am

Dear, friends,

I want to ask you for your opinion whether I should ban this girl, "phylaria" from my Forum that has hid her online status for 3 WHOLE MONTHS and she NEVER came for three months! (I know because I've been there everyday)

I already sent her a "WARNING" PM for 1 month and she didn't reply, announced it in the Forum for 2 weeks already and she didn't take action. What should I do? Sad
BloomStellaFlora
BloomStellaFlora
Forumember

Language : English, Malay and Mandarin

Back to top Go down

Should I ban a member that hid her online status for 3 months?? Empty Re: Should I ban a member that hid her online status for 3 months??

Post by Conundrum February 8th 2010, 12:51 pm

Simple. Delete her. If you she's not going to contribute to your forum, delete her.
Conundrum
Forumember

Male Posts : 176
Language : English

http://theskyfortress.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Should I ban a member that hid her online status for 3 months?? Empty Re: Should I ban a member that hid her online status for 3 months??

Post by Jalokim February 8th 2010, 1:25 pm

Well if the person isn't doing anything wrong then why boot her?

There are always going to be leechers on forums... leechers are those that register only to look around, read and not really contribute.

I have learned not to kick members for nothing. a member on my site was hidden for about 2 months, turned out he was a great coder and now we work together... and he is still hidden on the forum.

its your choice... but some people want to remain invisible
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalliopi February 8th 2010, 11:56 pm

I can't see what the problem is, members are given the option to be invisible & she chose it. Smile You can set the admin & moderator options so that they can see the invisible ones when they are on line , if you wish. Smile Also you can see exactly when a member last visited, from their profile.

I am not surprised she didn't reply to your WARNING pm, what exactly were you warning her about? And what on earth did you announce about her in the forum???

Perhaps she has left the forum, perhaps she will come back, although I rather think she won't, unless I am misunderstanding you, you have treated her badly. Who knows why she has stopped visiting, but why is any of this a big deal to you?

I don't even understand why you are posting this, members come & go on forums all the time. I personally go in to handle users and do a search for all the ones that have never made a post & haven't visited the forum in six months either, & delete them. That is my choice, plenty of admins like to keep all the members who have joined as it makes their forum look more popular. I never delete an account of people who have made posts. I fail to understand what this member has done to upset you.
Kalliopi
Kalliopi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Glyndwr^ February 9th 2010, 12:38 am

Unless your member has in any way broken your forum rules I would say do not ban.

As said above, it is the individuals choice whether or not to be seen as being online or hidden.

You and your moderators are able to see who is.
^Glyndwr^
^Glyndwr^
Forumember

Male Posts : 124

Back to top Go down