The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

html page for login

3 posters

Go down

Solved html page for login

Post by atlantica February 24th 2010, 1:32 am

i would like to make a html page that my site will go to automatically ONLY for people who are not logged in. Only then if they are logged in would they see the forum. how can i do this?

Last edited by atlantica on March 1st 2010, 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
atlantica
atlantica
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: html page for login

Post by atlantica February 25th 2010, 5:00 am

Bump
atlantica
atlantica
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by rblatch February 25th 2010, 2:33 pm

Modules>>HTML Page Management thumright
rblatch
rblatch
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1042
Language : HTML & CSS (Learning)

Back to top Go down

Post by atlantica February 25th 2010, 3:07 pm

atlantica wrote:i would like to make a html page that my site will go to automatically ONLY for people who are not logged in. Only then if they are logged in would they see the forum. how can i do this?

how do i get a login box in the html page???
And how do i have anyone that is nopt logged into my forum automatically directed to the html. I know i how to make an html page the homepage . . . just a not as a login page or to have people redirected to it if they are not logged in . . . .
atlantica
atlantica
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Reave February 26th 2010, 12:32 am

atlantica wrote:how do i get a login box in the html page???
And how do i have anyone that is nopt logged into my forum automatically directed to the html. I know i how to make an html page the homepage . . . just a not as a login page or to have people redirected to it if they are not logged in . . . .

Here is forumotions default login code. If you want or match your forums login color/pictures, you have to add the classes to them from your forums css or add new tags in the html. All you have to do is copy & paste this into a new html page. Hope this helps.

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><title>Login</title></head><body><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" class="three-col"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="0"><div></div></td><td valign="top" width="100%"> <form action="/login.forum" method="post" name="form_login"> <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="0" align="center"> <tr> <td> </td> </tr> </table> <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4" align="center"> <tr> <th nowrap="nowrap" height="25">Please enter your username and password to log in. </th> </tr> <tr> <td> <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="center">&nbsp; </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right" width="45%"> <span>Username: </span> </td> <td> <input type="text" name="username" value="" size="25" maxlength="40" /> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right"> <span>Password: </span> </td> <td> <input type="password" name="password" size="25" maxlength="32" /> </td> </tr> <tr align="center"> <td colspan="2"> <span>Log me on automatically at each visit: <input type="checkbox" name="autologin"checked="checked" /> </span> </td> </tr> <tr align="center"> <td colspan="2"> <input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="" /> <input type="hidden" name="query" value="" /> <input type="submit" name="login" value="Log in" /> </td> </tr> <tr align="center"> <td colspan="2"> <br /> <span><a href="profile.forum?mode=register">::&nbsp;Register</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="/profile.forum?mode=sendpassword">::&nbsp;I forgot my password</a> </span> </td> </tr> </table> </td> </tr> </table></form></tr></tbody></table></body></html>
Reave
Reave
Forumember

Male Posts : 46

http://ectos.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by atlantica February 26th 2010, 3:42 am

Thank you a ton. what i want to do is make a nice looking background image for it, how do i code an image url for the whole page to have a background? sorry, i don;t know much html code. only visual basic.
atlantica
atlantica
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Reave February 26th 2010, 5:32 am

atlantica wrote:Thank you a ton. what i want to do is make a nice looking background image for it, how do i code an image url for the whole page to have a background? sorry, i don;t know much html code. only visual basic.

Find your < body > code near the top, and replace it with the code below and insert your image url where it says "INSERT URL HERE":
Code:
<body background="INSERT URL HERE">

When you have a dark image, you may want to color your text for the login area to white or any other lighter color because, it is black by default.

Example html tag:
Code:
<font color="white">Please enter your username and password to log in.</font>
Reave
Reave
Forumember

Male Posts : 46

http://ectos.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down