The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Censoring Out a Space in Username Registration

4 posters

Go down

Censoring Out a Space in Username Registration Empty Censoring Out a Space in Username Registration

Post by InTheCatBoxAgain February 27th 2010, 12:11 am

I was wondering how you would block someone from using a space in their username when they register.

Is this possible?

I tried blocking "* *" but a new member still registered with a space after I did that.
InTheCatBoxAgain
InTheCatBoxAgain

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Censoring Out a Space in Username Registration Empty Re: Censoring Out a Space in Username Registration

Post by Kalliopi February 27th 2010, 12:22 am

Sorry I can't answer your question, but I have to say I am amazed at it.
I love it that Forumotion doesn't prevent those spaces. I hate that silly under score thing people have to use to get around that on a lot of forums. I can't imagine why someone would want to stop it.
Kalliopi
Kalliopi
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Censoring Out a Space in Username Registration Empty Re: Censoring Out a Space in Username Registration

Post by kirk February 27th 2010, 3:00 am

i dont know any way of preventing someone forum using spaces in the user name..
what if someone wanted to use a first and last name? i dont know who would but you can have other names with spaces? so dunno i have never heard of anyway to do this
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by lilysavage March 29th 2010, 1:45 pm

I would not ban spacing in usernames. It is annoying to have the underscore. Is there any benefit to making names wrap together? I know it makes thinking up a name harder or making a user name harder to read. I was once lilysavage on a forum, and people thought, lilys avage lily y savage
and other configurations. Unless there was a very good reason I will keep a space option. I notice I am LILYSAVAGE on here, out of pure habit from other forums who did not allow spacings. Dam I want a space now! :wouhou:
lilysavage
lilysavage

Female Posts : 14
Language : english

Back to top Go down