The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Codes/smilies not added to the cursor loaction...but to the end of the post?

5 posters

Go down

Codes/smilies not added to the cursor loaction...but to the end of the post? Empty Codes/smilies not added to the cursor loaction...but to the end of the post?

Post by Arbalist March 1st 2010, 2:03 am

Hi Everyone,

First of all I'd like to thank the Forumotion team for making all of this possible. Very good

...but there is one thing that is kinda frustrating and it is the part when I want to add a bbcode or a smilie>>>it is always posted to the end of the post instead of where I last left the cursor(as it is possible on other forums not affiliated with Forumotion). I wasn't able to find a setting to change this, so here I am nagging you guys with yet another technical issue. Let me know what's up and if there is a fix. All help is appreciated.

Ivo

TheArbalistGuild - Crossbow Forum
Arbalist
Arbalist
Forumember

Male Posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Codes/smilies not added to the cursor loaction...but to the end of the post? Empty Re: Codes/smilies not added to the cursor loaction...but to the end of the post?

Post by MrMario March 1st 2010, 2:35 am

This is normal to all forums. I know its annoying.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Codes/smilies not added to the cursor loaction...but to the end of the post? Empty Re: Codes/smilies not added to the cursor loaction...but to the end of the post?

Post by Arbalist March 1st 2010, 3:09 am

Hello MrMario,

Given this can most likely be corrected with some coding on the Forumotion end, perhaps I can suggest this as a small forum improvement in the future update? Smile
Arbalist
Arbalist
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 March 1st 2010, 3:14 am

Hello,

This is normal in the Non-WYSIWYG Mode, if you were to hit the a/A button (Activate the WYSIWYG Mode) your codes & smilies will appear where ur curser is Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbalist March 1st 2010, 3:29 am

Hi darren1,

Thank you, I'm aware of this, WYSIWYG is a very nice feature, but some of my members prefer the code as it speeds things up considerably(some of my members members live across the ocean and use dial-up). It would certainly make a nice addition if things posted to the cursor in regular mode...don't you think?
Arbalist
Arbalist
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbalist March 4th 2010, 4:02 am

I've also noticed that in the WYSIWYG mode when you click on a smilie to add it to your topic it doesn't just add it, but also selects it...this is a problem as hitting "Enter" will not go to down as it is in the normal mode, but instead will post another smilie. Another issue with this is that if you clicked a smilie(and again it was selected) and then pressed "Backspace" to delete it(wrong smilie for example) it will take you "back" to the page you were previously viewing....now this is really annoying as pressing the "forward" button after this will will not bring back the text that was entered...so everything that was entered was erased and there is no way of getting it back. I've deleted quite a few lengthy posts with pictures, videos, hyperlinks, and the worst >>> tables!!!

Not cool... mwii
Arbalist
Arbalist
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 March 4th 2010, 4:13 am

Hello,

I'll split your problem up s it's eaiser for everyone (Including myself) to understand Wink

in the WYSIWYG mode when you click on a smilie to add it to your topic
it doesn't just add it, but also selects it...this is a problem as
hitting "Enter" will not go to down as it is in the normal mode, but
instead will post another smilie.

This is normal here on forumotion Wink

Another issue with this is that if you clicked a smilie(and again it was
selected) and then pressed "Backspace" to delete it(wrong smilie for
example) it will take you "back" to the page you were previously
viewing....now this is really annoying as pressing the "forward" button
after this will will not bring back the text that was entered

Ensure that your curser is in the text box.
The problem is that your curser is NOT in the text box, it happens to myself too.

Another issue with this is that if you clicked a smilie(and again it was
selected) and then pressed "Backspace" to delete it(wrong smilie for
example) it will take you "back" to the page you were previously
viewing....now this is really annoying as pressing the "forward" button
after this will will not bring back the text that was entered

Simple Smile
Got firefox?
If so use this addon; it'll allow you to recover text, info, posts, tables, ect ect.
http://lazarus.interclue.com/
And it works like a charm, and has for over 6 months for me Codes/smilies not added to the cursor loaction...but to the end of the post? Great
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbalist March 4th 2010, 5:22 am

darren1 wrote:
.....This is normal here on forumotion Wink...

....Ensure that your curser is in the text box.
The problem is that your curser is NOT in the text box, it happens to myself too.

Normal? Then how come it's not normal on other forums...I just want a forum where I don't have to click back and forth every time I(or any of my members) want to put in a smilie. This isn't a big issue, so why not fix it and make communication on our forums more enjoyable. Is there a place where I can put in a suggestion to have this fixed?

darren1 wrote:
Simple Smile
Got firefox?
If so use this addon; it'll allow you to recover text, info, posts, tables, ect ect.
http://lazarus.interclue.com/
And it works like a charm, and has for over 6 months for me Codes/smilies not added to the cursor loaction...but to the end of the post? Great

Yep, I got Firefox. Thanks for this one. Smile

It's just I can click back and forth on other forums(without any addons) and something seven pages back I decide to return to the text window and all my stuff is still there...when on Forumotion - one click back and bye bye bye ..."normal" fufufu

I don't really want to tell my members that they need to download addons to get around something that can be fixed on the forumotion end...again>>> is there a place where I can make a suggestion?
Arbalist
Arbalist
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathspawn March 4th 2010, 6:05 am

If you use non-WYSIWYG mode, you can put bbcode around something by highlighting it. As to smilies, they just appear at the end no matter what. =/
Deathspawn
Deathspawn
Forumember

Male Posts : 76

http://dsirc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 March 4th 2010, 6:53 am

You can make suggestion in the Suggestion for your forums section if you want.

ForuMotion uses Situ coding, which is their own home brand of coding, thus not everything is achievable, like a normal phpbb/punbb/ipb board.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalliopi March 4th 2010, 7:34 pm

I have made the codes for mine quite standard & simple, that way they are easy to remember so I don't need to use the clickable ones a lot of the time but just add ; ) :happybirthday: :lol : etc. That way I can quickly place them in the correct position. Smile
Kalliopi
Kalliopi
Forumember

Back to top Go down