The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still allowing the use of my copyrighted images at the forum you host are you??

3 posters

Go down

Solved Still allowing the use of my copyrighted images at the forum you host are you??

Post by Thomas March 21st 2010, 2:49 pm

I want to know why your doing this, you removed it last time I had discussed the issue which is the reason I did not take any legal action as you complied with my request. But it seems that the following has taken place...

My Private message abilities have been revoked - for some strange unknown reason... Perhaps you could explain the reason...

Second, the forum located at http://born2killclan.darkbb.com has misteriously been put up again, despite my copyrighted images being on it.

As you neither asked for nor received permission to use the Work as the basis for |SOA|'s Rank
Images nor to make or distribute copies, including electronic copies, of same, I believe you have
wilifuliy infringed my rights under 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and could be liable for statutory
damages as high as $150,000 as set forth in Section 504(c)(2) therein.

That is part of a letter sent to the defendant which resulted in a sucessful shut down of thier then site.

Failiure to comply will result in legal proceedings...

And I have a screenshot of this post should you not comply...

**EDIT**

The following link may shed some more light on this matter, and how I have been treated which in short is dicusting!

https://help.forumotion.com/garbage-f4/ok-thats-it-t44273.htm

On THIS page, it clearly states the following:

- Do I have right to put an image or a text on my forum?

When you wish to put on your forum an image or a text you haven't created yourself, you :
- ask the author for permission.
- if it gives it to you, quote your sources, for example by putting a link to the site or forum where it comes from.

They did not ask for permission, nor did I give permission to allow the use of those images by the said forum. Therefore breaches your own policy and my rights to the copyright. The fact I have submitted a complaint before, with notice of legal action in the propper manner was at first acted upon, but then reversed because the forum in question is up again brings to doubt the morals of the staff at this forum. The fact that it is there and being used on a forum YOU host is grounds for legal action alone.

Would you like me to rewrite this article in French so you can understand??
Thomas

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Still allowing the use of my copyrighted images at the forum you host are you??

Post by Thomas March 24th 2010, 1:11 am

An answer soon would be good!
Thomas

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Still allowing the use of my copyrighted images at the forum you host are you??

Post by Darren1 March 24th 2010, 1:35 am

Hello,

For the minor concern of your PM abilities disappearing, after reading your thread, it seems like you have continued to PM MrMario about this concern and he has asked for your PM privileges revoked.

Ok, for the main matter at hand;

Have you actually contacted the forum which contains these so called images?
Have you got proof that you made them first?
Have you contacted the image hoster them self to ask them for the removal of these copyrighted images?

To my knowledge of the law, although you do have Intellectual Copyright, filing a complaint to the host & filling legal procedures should be the very last and most sever case, these are my recommendations:

1. Contact the Founder of the forum in concern which has these copyright images
  2. Contact their image host, and inform them about this abuse, and request for their removal
  3. File a complaint, if all above fails with forumotion via our litigation site: https://www.forumotion.com/en/litigation/
    Please give litigation's the following information:
    Your site, the site containing the copyright, proof of date / time that you made them first.
    Then give litigation's 7 full days to do any required actions.

Other than above, there is NOTHING anyone can do, as it appears that Typlo, our lesion to the company, and the boss of Litigation's has allowed the return of the forum.

I really do understand how stressful this is for you, but please, we do need you to be extremely patient as not everyone has sufficient time to scroll the web for copyrighted images, let alone handle every single filed complaint that may or may not be legitimate.
We all do our best, but they don't get to everyone within 3 days, thus the 7 days plausible delay.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas March 24th 2010, 1:48 am

I have already gone through this unfair process before. The forum was removed ONCE before to. I still believe its been allowed to breach my copyrights. And YES, I showed alot proof of it before...

For the minor concern of your PM abilities disappearing, after reading your thread, it seems like you have continued to PM MrMario about this concern and he has asked for your PM privileges revoked.

Cos he is biased!

Last edited by Thomas on March 24th 2010, 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 March 24th 2010, 1:50 am

That was successful before, and the forum was removed.
It's been returned, so obviously follow that procedure this will will get some response, response that is better than we here at the support forum can give you Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas March 24th 2010, 1:53 am

Made an edit to my post...

I have done it once, it took 2 weeks, why should I do it all again??

Is it because I am British?? Perhaps your biased??

Page concerned by the abuse : http://born2killclan.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Your report has correctly been sent. It will be inspected shortly.
Click here to return to the reported page

This is what I got when I reported it for the SECOND TIME!!
Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 March 24th 2010, 2:06 am

I'm not going to defend MrMario, as I am not certain of the scenario, I don't have staff room access or any additional rooms than u, or any other member so I cannot confirm that.
I do know that MrMario is American. I'm an Australian if you want to bring that up.
I'm not biased, I'm just doing my best to help you.

I've asked a member of staff to ask Typlo to pop in when he comes online in about 6 or so hours, I'm sure he will at least read this topic, and do what actions he thinks is best.

If it took 2 weeks the last time, then you may have to wait 2 weeks for anything to happen once again; Litigation's gets a HUGE amount of complaints everyday, and they do a darn good job to handle all complains within a timely manor.

I am sorry if my best is not up to your standards, but were the only ones who are able to help out until Typlo comes online.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas March 24th 2010, 2:11 am

And I appreciate that, but I dont believe I have been treated in a fair manner!!
Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas March 25th 2010, 5:39 pm

I see the site has been "banned". Thank you for complying with my request.
Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 25th 2010, 7:18 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Still allowing the use of my copyrighted images at the forum you host are you?? 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down