The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remove Background Color From Avatars [punBB]

3 posters

Go down

Solved Remove Background Color From Avatars [punBB]

Post by Kyouri April 10th 2010, 1:47 am

I've tried various codes in the css to remove the white background from the avatars. It's worked for the blog posts and the members list (added 'transparent !important to the proper classes), but I can't seem to find the proper css class or id codes to remove it from both the profile pages and posts.

Thanks in advance. Smile

Last edited by Kyouri on April 14th 2010, 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : marked as solved)
Kyouri
Kyouri
Forumember

Female Posts : 165
Language : English

http://anime-dohyou.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Remove Background Color From Avatars [punBB]

Post by Kyouri April 11th 2010, 4:13 pm

bump
Kyouri
Kyouri
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ecosystem April 12th 2010, 1:20 am

Hi,

What do you mean for the avatars?

If you want an image to have a transparent background, you should have it done in Photoshop or Gimp, or request it.

Do you want to remove the avatar space, or something? I'm not sure what exactly you want to achieve.
ecosystem
ecosystem
Forumember

Male Posts : 101
Language : Ingles

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyouri April 12th 2010, 2:24 am

I've already created my avatar with a transparent background (same as I did with the one I'm using on here... in photoshop) and saved it as a .png file and uploaded it to my board. My problem isn't with creating an avatar, it's with the skin. I didn't used to have this problem when I used the Invision scheme, but now that I'm using punBB I'm not sure what code it is that has the avatar background colors set to #ffffff. I would like to find those codes in the CSS so I can set the background to transparent in order for other .png uploads that have transparent backgrounds to remain transparent.

This is what I made:
Remove Background Color From Avatars [punBB] Untitl10

This is what it looks like on my board:
Remove Background Color From Avatars [punBB] 1-3210
Kyouri
Kyouri
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ecosystem April 12th 2010, 4:49 pm

This problem occurs on many other forums as well, and I am pretty sure that it's not a problem with the skin.

What's the problem is the size you have allowed for the avatars on your forum.
Go to your Admin panel > Display > Avatar Gallery and then it will bring you to a screen with a bunch of old avatars.
Near the middle of the screen there are three tabs, click 'Personal Avatars' in the middle.
Right there, under 'Personal Gallery', you should have two numbers there, (the default is 150x200 px).

Now, since your original image is 183x183 px, the image is over the limit and the forum will attempt to resize it, but it also gives it this ugly, unattractive background.

Now, I am not exactly sure if you would like to keep the image the same size, or make it "official avatar size" (150x200), but if you are going to do any resizing, it is best to do so manually.
If you want to use the original picture you made as an avatar, just follow the instructions above and set the maximum avatar dimensions to 183x183 or maybe higher.

Personally, I wouldn't want my avatars so big, so I would resize the image in Photoshop, or Microsoft Picture Manager and make sure you specify the dimensions of your personal avatars, or else that background will keep appearing, regardless of any CSS coding you attempt.

I hope this helped!
~eco
ecosystem
ecosystem
Forumember

Male Posts : 101
Language : Ingles

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyouri April 14th 2010, 2:26 pm

*smacks forehead* I knew that! I uploaded a different one that I made that was set to the proper dimensions of my boards avatar size allowance and it was just fine. Just a baka-moment on my part. Thanks, ecosystem. Embarassed
Kyouri
Kyouri
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket April 14th 2010, 8:20 pm

Since this thread is marked solved, I will lock this thread.
Remove Background Color From Avatars [punBB] 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down