The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News wedgit quit updating

2 posters

Go down

News wedgit quit updating Empty News wedgit quit updating

Post by oldgrowerdude1123 April 29th 2010, 9:10 am

How do I edit the news articals that fill the center collum. I have the same articals I did when I set it up. I would like some new fresh up to date news articale, I need to edit this area or fix the wedgit......
oldgrowerdude1123
oldgrowerdude1123

Male Posts : 18
Language : english

http://goinggreen420.com

Back to top Go down

News wedgit quit updating Empty Re: News wedgit quit updating

Post by kirk April 30th 2010, 10:10 pm

this was the same problem you just resolved right?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by oldgrowerdude1123 April 30th 2010, 10:18 pm

I still would like to know how to acess the code to edit it on another portal page....if you know?
oldgrowerdude1123
oldgrowerdude1123

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk April 30th 2010, 10:41 pm

i dont think that code is available,, it's in the forumotion setup most likely within the admin panel options and through forumotion data base to which we do not have access.. even if it is in a template the template code would not work in a new widget.

it might be possible to um???? oh shit... lol

if you where to give a bord.. like say for instance the members section.
now if you went in to the members section removed the whole member template then added the template code for the part you are talking about.. well then now technically it will be another feature the same as it is in your portal.

then you can take an iframe ,add the link, generate it in html format and add to another widget and should work the same.

but before i can even think of this working.. which in theory it should.. but befor i can even try it and test it. i have to see if that part of the template code is available in the template then test from there..

hahah you following me.. i know it's it's confusing but could be rather easy to do if and only if it will work.. so I'll look into it over the weekend.. if the feature is in the portal template then i can take it from.. but if the feature is not in the portal template and is a admin panel only option/feature then there would be now way of doing this.. it's something set up through forumotions data base and techs access only... lol

but idk.. i have done some crazy things with templates in the past.
pSo if it is possible and is indeed in the template.. then we gonna dog it.. haha

but if not then i can only suggest to google it and see if there is some kind of script out there to do what you are asking..

but yeah i will look into this more over the weekend and try to see if we can get what your asking.. or perhaps a code that will allow you to do something on the grounds of what you want.

but now keep in mind the way i am talking you will have to give up a template somewhere.. i would scrap the faq or calendar... lol

unless there is a code available. so i will look into that too befor i go crazy trying something that might not even work.

info added

hey wait cant you just add more to the page you have it set up for.
like max it out.

admin panel>modules>portal>structure>news widget.

click on the modify for the news widget.
then for (Number of news ) max it out to 99.
and for (Length of the news) max it out to 9999.

so i dont know what you have it set to but if you max it out you can fit the most.
then you can switch it up and have a couple other boards of news to change to when you want.

so dunno i just thought i would add that incase you dint know.
but it sounds you just want a whole additional news widget.. after looking at the set up options in the admin panel i dont think it will be possible to do what i was thinking of trying above.

because even if i add the template code.. there would be no way to set it. the setting are all in the admin panel..

or wait.. set up another forum just to use for the news widget then slap that in a i frame.
i can test that too that will work if you really need another news widget. I'll explain more after i try it. oh i am almost convinced that will work.. but you will have to do that news separate on a totally different forum. but it will still be incorporated on your forum by using a
iframe.

thats how you do it.. I'll get back to you latter tonight or tomorrow with directions and examples on my test forum how to get it.

thats the only possible way i can think of.. all that garbage above will not work because the setting are in the admin panel.. but you get another forum and just use it for the news and a test board. i frame is the solution.

OK.. so i get back to you soon.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

News wedgit quit updating Empty Adding a center news colume

Post by oldgrowerdude1123 May 1st 2010, 1:06 am

thats for a second page in the portal site i want to use the pages given to us in the landing/portal page. we have the links page as our defalt page and it is running fine now......its the other pages we are trying to edit
oldgrowerdude1123
oldgrowerdude1123

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 3rd 2010, 3:00 pm

i have pm you about it. i have tried everthing i could and even with the iframe thing i was thinking from another off site forum and adding into your forum.. well that dint work the way i thought it would either.

So there is only one page of news at a time for forumotion. you can always go to the suggestion section and suggest haveing another page to add. but as of now it is only one.

And then the first way i was thinking by getting he template code that will not work either because it would have to be set in the admin panel and them settings are already for the page you have going now.. so i tried but i dont see anyway of adding another one.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 3rd 2010, 3:01 pm

kirk wrote:i have pm you about it. i have tried everthing i could and even with the iframe thing i was thinking of from having another off site forum and adding into your forum.. well that dint work the way i thought it would either. Sad

So there is only one page of news at a time for forumotion. you can always go to the suggestion section and suggest haveing another page to add. but as of now it is only one.

And then the first way i was thinking by getting he template code that will not work either because it would have to be set in the admin panel and them settings are already for the page you have going now.. so i tried but i dont see anyway of adding another one.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down