The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help with special registration process/login page.

2 posters

Go down

Need help with special registration process/login page. Empty Need help with special registration process/login page.

Post by ryanjames May 7th 2010, 9:52 pm

Hey all.

I've got a forum in which people have to pay before they can have access. This means that once I get their payment, I'll register for them, activate it and send them their login details. From there, they can change their password.

But. I don't want people trying to register on their own, then getting all confused when they can't login.

Ideally, I would like to change the text on the Registration Agreement Terms page to explain this process to them. The only thing I've found in searching the boards here, however, is that you can add rules - can't change the default agreement.

So barring that option, my next preference would be to wipe out the "register" and "i forgot my password" buttons on the login page. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!
ryanjames

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Need help with special registration process/login page. Empty Re: Need help with special registration process/login page.

Post by MrMario May 8th 2010, 2:24 am

The only way of changing the rules is if you have punbb or phpbb2.

Well to get rid of the the register and i forgot my password you would be preventing yourself to register their accounts.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down