The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to make Invision forum-template "wider"?

4 posters

Go down

How to make Invision forum-template "wider"? Empty How to make Invision forum-template "wider"?

Post by PeopleOnTheInternet May 21st 2010, 1:17 pm

Please tell me how to make the Invision-forum wider. Which section of my Admin panel has the controls to change the width of my Invision message board?

Last edited by PeopleOnTheInternet on May 21st 2010, 1:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
PeopleOnTheInternet

Language : English

Back to top Go down

How to make Invision forum-template "wider"? Empty Re: How to make Invision forum-template "wider"?

Post by Spuddie978 May 21st 2010, 2:14 pm

it depends on what template you are using give me a look at your site?
Spuddie978
Forumember

Male Posts : 126

Back to top Go down

How to make Invision forum-template "wider"? Empty Re: How to make Invision forum-template "wider"?

Post by PeopleOnTheInternet May 21st 2010, 3:33 pm

Which section(s) in my "Admin Panel" would I need to modify in order to change the width of the forum?

Example of the directions I need:
Administration Panel > Display > ...whatever

If my Invision forum-template was able to have its width changed, how could I make it wider? I don't want to share my forum-address.
PeopleOnTheInternet

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario May 21st 2010, 5:04 pm

Try this

Admin Panel // General // Configuration // Pages structure // Change it 80% or something // Save
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

How to make Invision forum-template "wider"? Empty How do I make this area wider (white arrows pointing at it)

Post by PeopleOnTheInternet May 21st 2010, 7:24 pm

MrMario wrote:Try this

Admin Panel // General // Configuration // Pages structure // Change it 80% or something // Save
That didn't work, but I appreciate your reply. Please tell me how to extend the width of the area, to which these white arrows are pointed:

How to make Invision forum-template "wider"? 2lcr37k

I need to widen the area where the forum-topics are listed (AKA forum-body). I'm worried about adding modules on my forum because they shrink the size of my forum-body.

P.S. How can I make a wide forum like your help forum with the "latest topics" module on the side of it?
PeopleOnTheInternet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 22nd 2010, 5:34 am

If you're referring to forum widgets, try this, go to admin panel>modules>forum widgets management>change setting on the width of widgets on 'width column 1' & 'width column 3'> change it to 180 pixels>save
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

How to make Invision forum-template "wider"? Empty How to change the width of forum-menu (forum-body AKA Column 2)?

Post by PeopleOnTheInternet May 22nd 2010, 6:32 am

zoids25 wrote:If you're referring to forum widgets, try this, go to admin panel>modules>forum widgets management>change setting on the width of widgets on 'width column 1' & 'width column 3'> change it to 180 pixels>save
Thanks. That column shrinks my forum-body (forum-menu) though. I need to make the forum-body wider, so when modules are added to 1 side of it, I can still have a wide forum-menu.

1. How can I make the forum-body/menu wider?
2. Is the forum-body known as "column 2" in the modules-section of the Admin Panel?
3. Can the forum-body be made wider, so column 1 won't shrink it after I add a module to the side of it?

I want to have a wide forum body like this forum is. I need to put modules on side of it.
PeopleOnTheInternet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 22nd 2010, 12:14 pm

No, the modules>forum widgets section on the admin panel are only for manual of forum widgets, the size of widgets can be changed there and won't affect the body size unless the widgets are too big in pixels, for more information, read this thread about widgets => https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/forum-widgets-t22589.htm
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down