The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are we threatened by the staff that our forum will get erased if we post tutorials?

2 posters

Go down

Why are we threatened by the staff that our forum will get erased if we post tutorials? Empty Why are we threatened by the staff that our forum will get erased if we post tutorials?

Post by Mariko21 June 12th 2010, 9:01 pm

I checked the Rules and there's nothing there about tutorials about Forumotion.

I also see lots and lots of forums offering tutorials, some owned by members of the Romanian support forum. Why isn't that against the rules, but me making a tutorial for improving a punBB template is?

Why wasn't this a problem a while ago when I posted on my forum other tutorial which I soon found too stupid and then erased them? I had members of the Romanian staff forum registered on my forum back then, but I didn't receive any notices.

Can somebody explain this to me? They said my forum will be erased tomorrow unless I erase my one and only tutorial, no further answers to my questions have been offered neither through private messages or answers to a topic I made there, though I did request them on the Romanian support forum, as well.

Thank you.
Mariko21
Mariko21
Forumember

Female Posts : 94
Language : romanian

http://www.zooz.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Why are we threatened by the staff that our forum will get erased if we post tutorials? Empty Re: Why are we threatened by the staff that our forum will get erased if we post tutorials?

Post by Sanket June 12th 2010, 9:13 pm

Sorry, but issues related to the Romanian Support forum should be sorted there. Don't you think so?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Why are we threatened by the staff that our forum will get erased if we post tutorials? Empty Re: Why are we threatened by the staff that our forum will get erased if we post tutorials?

Post by Mariko21 June 12th 2010, 9:15 pm

I am sorry if this seems inappropriate, but I'm being ignored over there... I mean members of the staff are online but they aren't answering to what I'm asking.

And the General Rules apply to all forums hosted by this service. Is there anything against having tutorials about Forumotion on one's forum? Because I didn't find anything.
Mariko21
Mariko21
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket June 12th 2010, 9:17 pm

Well, if you created the tutorials yourself. Its fine.
If you are not impersonating any of the support forum's. Its fine.

Also, you can PM Luky on the romanian support forum. I am sure he will reply.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariko21 June 12th 2010, 9:20 pm

I did create the tutorial (just one) by myself, because I had no other choice. It was something nobody would help me with and it was created through trial and error.

I wrote clearly on the tutorial that I created it and never tried to impersonate anybody else. I am very fond of my identity and of my ideas and creations.

I'll try pm-ing Lucky, as you have suggested. Hopefully I'll be able to solve this until the end of the 24 hours.

Thank you for your fast replies.
Mariko21
Mariko21
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket June 12th 2010, 9:22 pm

I think since you have not copied. No one can delete your forum.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down