Moderators and Reports Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

Moderators and Reports

Poll

Your opinion

[ 1 ]
    Moderators and Reports Bar_left50%Moderators and Reports Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Moderators and Reports Bar_left50%Moderators and Reports Bar_right [50%] 

Total Votes: 2
    Poll closed
    adalwolf
    Forumember

Language : English

Moderators and Reports Empty Moderators and Reports

Post by adalwolf July 14th 2010, 1:44 am

If this has been mentioned elsewhere, sorry, but I checked the lists and did some searches and came up with nothin.

I have had a look through the ACP and fooled around a bit with testing, and moderators don't seem to be able to view reports... The only link I have found was on the ACP.

Now, I don't know about others, but if someone reports a post, I give people moderator permissions because I want THEM to handle most these things while I work on improving the forums and all the backend stuff and all that as an administrator.

I think the whole point of a moderator is to handle the issues users have with other users posts and so on (hence why they get all the editing & moving post options)... the report function can be a major way normal users let the higher-ups know of issues (especially on big forums)... and then it all goes to waste because the people who are probably supposed to be monitering the forums don't have access to a key tool.

I mean, even a single option of "who do you want to be able to access report lists" with the options being "moderators & administrators" and "administrators only"

This would also go hand-in-hand with the moderator control panel idea, as a link to access reports could be in there... but thats a different topic altogether...

If any of this is unclear please let me know and I'll attempt to clarify.
    KingOfSports
    KingOfSports
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
    Language :
    Moderators and Reports Empty Re: Moderators and Reports

Post by KingOfSports July 14th 2010, 4:26 am

Voted no since you can just create a button or link in the staff section leading to it.
    adalwolf
    Forumember

Post by adalwolf July 14th 2010, 11:16 am

KingOfSports wrote:Voted no since you can just create a button or link in the staff section leading to it.

Tried that, the moderator gets a message saying they do not have access to this area
    Dumbledore27
    Forumember

Male Posts : 632
    Language : Online
    Location : Error 403 - You do not have the permission to view this item's value

Post by Dumbledore27 July 14th 2010, 1:34 pm

Well, moderators are able to view reports, so I think it should be in Support...
    adalwolf
    Forumember

Post by adalwolf July 14th 2010, 1:36 pm

Dumbledore27 wrote:Well, moderators are able to view reports, so I think it should be in Support...
    really? everything I have tried sofar (testing and altering permission/settings and all that) has had only admins able to view Confused scratch mwii Moderators and Reports Mouais
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 22186
    Language : test

Post by MrMario July 14th 2010, 6:54 pm

Just check the permissions.

Admin Panel // General // Permissions.

=> Locked