The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forumotion.. You've got a problem... and a BIG one!

5 posters

Go down

Forumotion.. You've got a problem... and a BIG one! Empty Forumotion.. You've got a problem... and a BIG one!

Post by GT500Maniac2010 August 12th 2010, 6:39 am

Okay, so just to introduce myself, I am one of the administrators at http://FLRLeague.org/forum.htm. Apparently, when i logged in at about 730PM this afternoon (8/11/2010), i get a message on my screen from the site saying it's got Malware and Trojans.. Either Forumotion got hacked into, or they just downloaded a file or scripting that's infecting almost every forum in their hosting site. And this is not okay! I hope that you will soon figure out what's going on, please contact me ASAP when you do! I have closed our site down for maintenance until this problem is resolved. Do it now, and do it quick!

Here's a couple images i have to prove what i'm talking about...

Forumotion.. You've got a problem... and a BIG one! Baaaad11

Forumotion.. You've got a problem... and a BIG one! Badbad10
GT500Maniac2010

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Forumotion.. You've got a problem... and a BIG one! Empty Re: Forumotion.. You've got a problem... and a BIG one!

Post by Darren1 August 12th 2010, 8:26 am

Hi,

I can assure there is nothing that ForuMotion has put there to cause anything such as this.
This is highly likely something that you, or a co-administrator has done.

Have you recently added any new scripts into your homepage description, or any widgets?

I just visited your forum on FireFox and received NO warning messages.

P.S. Please don't be so pushey TT
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Forumotion.. You've got a problem... and a BIG one! Empty Re: Forumotion.. You've got a problem... and a BIG one!

Post by ifureadthisdie August 12th 2010, 8:03 pm

This is old news if you did a search, it happened to people in my forum as well. It'll go away soon enough. Forumotion has no malware.
ifureadthisdie
Forumember

Male Posts : 83

http://www.thespritas.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blindbat1457 August 13th 2010, 12:19 am

Our site had the same exact problem. This problem was solved by disabling our chat box.
blindbat1457
blindbat1457
Forumember

Male Posts : 667

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk August 13th 2010, 12:38 am

oh i just love some of these titles. Razz
(Forumotion.. You've got a problem... and a BIG one!) Priceless geek

It can be a number of things. i as well am not getting this message and i went on with firefox,IE8 Google Chrome and flock.
i am getting no such message???? it could be what kind of protection you are useing to?

So i would go through the logs and see what other staff/admin have been doing and check all your scripts.. or you can even go and back your forum up befor this problem start accruing..

but like i said this can be a few things.. it could even be a add thats on that page and if thats the case then we would nee d to know what add it is so forumotion can have it removed.

but at this point we can not tell until you check with you other staff and remove any new scripts you may have added.

oh plus it tells you the link of where it's coming from.. so what do you have posted in a script or code for what has that link in it?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down