The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I edit my forum's HTML code?

2 posters

Go down

How do I edit my forum's HTML code? Empty How do I edit my forum's HTML code?

Post by Richardr November 5th 2007, 11:15 pm

I'm new and searched but couldn't find an answer.

Do I need an editor or is there some function here that allows me to edit?

When I edit, can I save it so that the changes take effect at my site and not just in the edit preview?

Thanks! Smile
Richardr
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

How do I edit my forum's HTML code? Empty Re: How do I edit my forum's HTML code?

Post by xxspockxx November 6th 2007, 12:56 am

Richardr wrote:I'm new and searched but couldn't find an answer.

Do I need an editor or is there some function here that allows me to edit?

When I edit, can I save it so that the changes take effect at my site and not just in the edit preview?

Thanks! Smile

you should have searched a little closer and harder...
https://help.forumotion.com/script-code-problems-f43/i-want-to-add-html-code-inside-posts-t8139.htm
xxspockxx

Language : English

Back to top Go down

How do I edit my forum's HTML code? Empty Re: How do I edit my forum's HTML code?

Post by Richardr November 6th 2007, 1:18 am

Sorry, but I'm not asking about adding HTML to posts. How do I edit the underlying code of the forum itself?

https://www.forumotion.com/free-forum.htm

On the page I linked above it says:

"Our collection of templates will get you started with an attractive site right away without you having to learn any HTML, though Forumotion also allows you to edit your forumotion's HTML code whenever you want.

So, that's what I want to know how to do.
Richardr
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by xxspockxx November 7th 2007, 5:29 pm

Im a new member myself, however, ibelieve if you go to the Admin Panel in advanced mode and go to modules and then click on HTML page...and then click on add HTML page...you should be fine..
xxspockxx

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 7th 2007, 10:31 pm

Also, there is a way to edit the CSS code by going to the colours section of your admin panel. Maybe this is the 'html' they are referring to in their advert? How do I edit my forum's HTML code? Mouais

Back to top Go down

Post by Richardr November 8th 2007, 2:16 am

xxspockxx wrote:Im a new member myself, however, ibelieve if you go to the Admin Panel in advanced mode and go to modules and then click on HTML page...and then click on add HTML page...you should be fine..

Thank you!

But that seems to be only for new pages. I would like to alter my home page. How can I do that? Does anyone here have any experience with that?
Richardr
Forumember

Back to top Go down