Make a message automatically appear to new members? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

Make a message automatically appear to new members?

baylee767

Language : english

Make a message automatically appear to new members? Empty Make a message automatically appear to new members?

Post by baylee767 January 19th 2011, 2:40 am

So I have this photo I want to upload onto member's comment page when they join. My forum is RAPIDLY multiplying, and this is getting a bit hard to do. How do you make it so when they join an image automatically appears on their comment page in their profile?
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Make a message automatically appear to new members? Empty Re: Make a message automatically appear to new members?

Post by kirk January 19th 2011, 1:23 pm

I do not know anyway of doing that. but you can set up a welcome message to be sent to there pm. and you can add as much content as you wish for that.

The only other thing i can think of doing was perhaps to create an advanced profile field and have it selected for new embers that are not in any group?
    not sure i will mess around with it and see if i can find a alternative solution.
    But in the mean time looks like a welcome message will be your best bet.
    Darlington
    Darlington

Male Posts : 15
    Language : English

Make a message automatically appear to new members? Empty Re: Make a message automatically appear to new members?

Post by Darlington January 19th 2011, 2:38 pm

Why can't you just alter the message to inform certain members.

In advanced on admin functions go to Display and Users.
    Then select handle users
    Choose members with less than 5 messages say as new members wont have posted a lot yet.
    That brings up the list of members selected and a box below with a message about being inactive. Just alter the text in that box or use the image link to insert your photo then e-mail out.

Don't know if that would do it for you?
    ToTheFuture
    ToTheFuture
    Forumember

Language : English, Français

Post by ToTheFuture January 20th 2011, 1:35 am

What if you wanted it so that all new members would be sent a welcome message when they joined? Does anyone know how to do that?
    Darlington
    Darlington

Male Posts : 15
    Language : English

Post by Darlington January 21st 2011, 5:15 pm

ToTheFuture wrote:What if you wanted it so that all new members would be sent a welcome message when they joined? Does anyone know how to do that?

Go into your admistration panel and goto General tab at top. Then select Message and Emails - Private Messages on the left. Go down the page in the middle and you will see a bit where it says "allow welcome private message". Make sure the enabled is selected then fill in what welcome message you want in the "Welcome private message" box.

ToTheFuture
    ToTheFuture
    Forumember

Language : English, Français

Post by ToTheFuture January 23rd 2011, 12:12 am

Thanks! Very Happy