The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

problem with timezone/clock

3 posters

Go down

problem with timezone/clock Empty problem with timezone/clock

Post by starbuck 1/3/2011, 08:51

hello!
i have a problem with timezone/clock settings. timezone has been set appropriately in administration panel and in personal settings. yet, to a visitor that is not logged in, time of the posts seem to be 1 hour off. is there a way to set the forums time to a certain timezone and to make it appear the same to everyone who visits no matter where he/she is from (and is not logged in).
starbuck

Language : english

Back to top Go down

problem with timezone/clock Empty Re: problem with timezone/clock

Post by sgrew 1/3/2011, 09:05

I have the same problem, also if the date and time is not set correctly on a users Pc they can not login to the forum...

I would like to know the answer/fix to this also
sgrew
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario 1/3/2011, 18:38

If you set the board up for a certain time it will show. You change anything else but that and your profile.

sgrew: You should always be able to log in, or at least make sure your clock is right on your forum.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 1/3/2011, 22:24

MrMario wrote:If you set the board up for a certain time it will show. You change anything else but that and your profile.

sgrew: You should always be able to log in, or at least make sure your clock is right on your forum.

sorry, i thought i was clear - everything is set correct - in administration panel, and in private settings - the problem is when you are not logged in, or just being a visitor. time of the posts shows +1 hour in comparison to timezone chosen for the forum no matter where you come from (or which computer/workstation you use).

i think i saw someone had the same problem, somewhere in this forum, but no one came up with solution. anyone with an idea?!
starbuck

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario 1/3/2011, 22:42

Not much you can do about it really.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 1/3/2011, 22:52

MrMario wrote:Not much you can do about it really.

Sad

ok, i checked, the time of the posts showing when not logged in is GMT no matter what Sad

it would be nice if the developers worked on that so to implement general timezone setting for all users, not just the ones logged in Idea (other forum platforms have that...)
starbuck

Back to top Go down