The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I stop emails coming to my users?

3 posters

Go down

How do I stop emails coming to my users? Empty How do I stop emails coming to my users?

Post by pulupulu March 14th 2011, 12:58 pm

My forum (mauhau.foorumini.net) has long been a problem for which I could not do anything.

Our forum users receive dozens of emails every day, with news that some of the topics in our forum have new messages. Messages are the topics that users have not even clicked want to follow, but they are topics where users sometimes have once written a message, or they have created the topic. Forum creator does not receive those emails, which I am. Some of the forum moderators have also received emails from the forum.

We have tried to resolve the problem by changing the profile to "Always notify me of the answer" in response "No". This is the default option and it should be automatic for all users. Anyway, point change has not helped, e-mails will continue. Profile section "track topics" are gathered for some users automatically subjects, even though they have never clicked wish to follow them.

Starting a new topic or writing a new message is a text format below the heading "Please reply", which should not be selected, if the profile of the subjects tracked item is selected correctly. Why, then, users will receive e-mails on topics which they have not clicked want to follow? Why do users generally receive information on e-mail when topics should gather "track topics" list? Dashboard does not exist on any item, which would apply to the subject or where I could adjust this.

I would like to adjust it so that if a user clicks on a willingness to follow the subject, it should never be an e-mail, but the subject appeared "track topics" list and the user could then look for new messages. How do I do this? How do I get e-mails to an end? Do I need to stop the whole thing, in which subjects can be followed?

Help me please! confused
pulupulu

Language : finnish

Back to top Go down

How do I stop emails coming to my users? Empty Re: How do I stop emails coming to my users?

Post by kirk March 14th 2011, 1:20 pm

well it's supposed to be the users option,
And if they do not wish to be sent emails then they have to set it.

But now if a admin was to go into their profile through the admin panel and change it, then they will receive them.

so you have to tell your admins to never do this. not saying they are but just to make it clear that it is the members option.

Now members also have the option to follow post/thread.
So make it clear to your members if they do not wish to be sent emails not to follow the thread and to have it set in the profile potions not to revive them as well.

Now if you are using phpbb2 or punbb versions, then you can just remove the options all together from a template edit, how ever the option would still remain in your admin panel, but your members would never see this option any more therefore ever be able to use it again.

So even if they wanted emails from followed threads etc, then they would not be able to receive them.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

How do I stop emails coming to my users? Empty Re: How do I stop emails coming to my users?

Post by pulupulu March 14th 2011, 1:29 pm

Thank you!

But if the emails just come, even if the user has not clicked want to follow up topics and point the profile has denied he wishes to receive notifications of new messages? Why is this happening? Shocked Even if they set it correctly, it will not stop e-mail entry, why?
pulupulu

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk March 14th 2011, 1:40 pm

lol

I knew you was going to reply with that.

if this is the case and the settings are correct, then it would be something the techs have to look into.. because the options are there to prevent or allow emails, and if they are coming through regardless of having it set for them not to be sent?

Then yeah there is a problem and only a tech can see whats happening with it and how to fix.

Pm luky and give him this link thread link and ask if he can request a tech to look into it for you.

Other then that there is nothing more i we can do here unless i was to join your forum and test the option/feature myself and see if i receive any?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by pulupulu March 14th 2011, 3:08 pm

^ Now I noticed when I looked just registered a forum user's information, that his profile is, however, in "Always notify me of replies" the answer "yes", so it is the default option. Can it be changed so that the default option would be "No"?

Edit: I can not find control panel, even a point at which the subjects could be followed to set off altogether ...?
pulupulu

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario March 14th 2011, 5:04 pm

There is no option at this time to set it to no. User will need to do this themselves, you can post a topic somewhere telling members about this. Make sure they go to their profile and click topics being watched and remove them. That will stop them 100%
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down