The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can i move a topic, above another topic ?

3 posters

Go down

can i move a topic, above another topic ? Empty can i move a topic, above another topic ?

Post by thedragon98 March 15th 2011, 8:48 am

i want to move some topic, above or under another topic. so that structure, look well-organized

like this
can i move a topic, above another topic ? Pendafztz

Can i?
thedragon98
thedragon98

Language : english, indonesian

Back to top Go down

can i move a topic, above another topic ? Empty Re: can i move a topic, above another topic ?

Post by Base March 15th 2011, 5:50 pm

Hello thedragon98,

The only way to move the bottom topic above the above topic is to post in the bottom topic. When you make a new post, the topic will automatically be bumped to the top of the forum. Smile

Regards,

Base
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

can i move a topic, above another topic ? Empty Re: can i move a topic, above another topic ?

Post by thedragon98 March 16th 2011, 1:47 am

thank's mate for the response you give

I mean, on the sticky post, the topic will remain at the top of the forum. whether the same procedure? delete the "X" topic and post them after the "Y" topic?
thedragon98
thedragon98

Back to top Go down

Post by WHITESABBATH March 16th 2011, 3:33 am

I believe this is what you're after.
ACP>messages & e-mail>Configuration>scroll to "Separate announcements and stickies">click "with table">save
WHITESABBATH
WHITESABBATH
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1198
Language : English, F-Bombs

Back to top Go down

Post by thedragon98 March 16th 2011, 11:46 am

@WHITESABBATH, thanks dude for ur advice

but, I already knew about it. what I want is to set the order of topics in the sticky post
thedragon98
thedragon98

Back to top Go down

Post by WHITESABBATH March 16th 2011, 3:12 pm

I am to believe they go in order as there posted. only thing i can think of is to go into your ucp> general> cat/forums> click the "modify" button associated with the forum in question>scroll to where it says Sort topics by /Sort the posts of a topic by > play around with that and see if it gets you what your after.
WHITESABBATH
WHITESABBATH
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1198
Language : English, F-Bombs

Back to top Go down

Post by Base March 16th 2011, 5:37 pm

If you post in a topic and delete the post afterwards, the topic will move back to its original position. In other words, posting and deleting afterwards will not have an effect unless you keep the post.

If you choose WHITESABBATH's method, then it will also affect any other topics that happens to be in that forum and so I would not recommend it. Smile
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down