The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more!

+97
razvy3
Blaster1
copasbyte
geezygee
Darren1
Raze
nfstallions.info
mthurston
Ape
LGforum
Sanket
Yummiah
xsdenied
baldy
BR
punkbabe82
youanhi
viankova
kostadene
IVE-STORM(bg)
UnKnowN21
!_NICK_!
Glad E Olah
Testicles_the_Greek
The Crocodile
WHITESABBATH
El3m3nT
IamSpiX11
maksudeva
Eragon_F4U
Stephen-
Rilee
Richardr
MrMario
JAN2XONLINE
Sonja38
xuanlocpro
mgt98
lezuj yaj
Darkwing
Saxaca
Irian
ronnyhenri
Made
Ezio
christien
netty
Y I Man
MsAdmin
newbieQ
Kathryn K
Admin_UFF2
Gretchen333
snipsnsnails
danubius
LadyDarkStar
wildone
Aquaticnecris
misspresh
19CenturyWBTS
LoveStudio
LeeL
kokolioa
David Tails
Emilio
handsomevip007
invisible_fa
scraptacularimages
Doctor Inferno
sravanlokesh
Sinza
acem
Zcat
tresglamour
Garland
exterminator
Scarlett Johansson
sweetdeath
Seuru
Aviet12
maiquang
JuneJuvette
Doomchild
Holyangel
dudi
lisa1302
pheonix's
chouzouris
ReDMaD
boffer10
Akkii
spirit09
Feli
phio69
Matei
Gangstar15
Shadow
101 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

new editor - UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more! - Page 2 Empty UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more!

Post by Shadow May 3rd 2011, 9:22 am

First topic message reminder :

UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more!

Hello,

In order to continuously improve our services and to bring you the best in the world of forums, we offer you today a new update some fresh new features. Very Happy

Without making you wait any longer, here is the content of this update:

1. The new WYSIWYG editor:
In continuation of our strategy of listening to complaints from our users, and respond to complaints we received after its launch, we decided to go back and deactivate the message editor for the moment.

We will get back to you with the editor as soon as we get it stabilized.

Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience.

new editor - UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more! - Page 2 08-04-14

2. New widgets: New widgets to see who and what's hot and trendy on your forum. Nothing better to motivate your members!

new editor - UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more! - Page 2 DwE6M

3. Traffic exchange optimization: In continuation of our efforts to offer forums intuitive and cutting edge technology, we performed an optimization of our recent feature for traffic exchange. That, in order to improve its functioning by making it more relevant: D

For this, a new option to assign permissions in connection with this feature made ​​its appearance in your admin panel>> General>> Traffic exchange

new editor - UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more! - Page 2 PkeXI[/url]

Thanks to all the community for inspiring us with all your great ideas!

Best,
Forumotion Team

Last edited by Typlo on May 3rd 2011, 5:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

new editor - UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more! - Page 2 Empty Re: UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more!

Post by Aviet12 May 3rd 2011, 4:32 pm

Another problem is, that members who use mobile Opera with classic version, can't write topics.
Aviet12

Language : Lithuanian, English, Russian

Back to top Go down

new editor - UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more! - Page 2 Empty Re: UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more!

Post by lisa1302 May 3rd 2011, 4:32 pm

Only issue I have is servimg wants me to log in EVERYTIME I host an image now...it used to remember me! Rather annoying!
lisa1302
lisa1302
Forumember

Female Posts : 305
Language : Enlish

http://www.babiesandall.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chouzouris May 3rd 2011, 4:33 pm

[color:15ee=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Also, there is a problem when you try to change the font color.

[color:15ee=rgb(255, 0, 0)] This is a test
chouzouris
chouzouris
Forumember

Female Posts : 161
Language : ENGLISH

http://www.gatospito.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chouzouris May 3rd 2011, 4:34 pm

I really wonder guys... Don' t you perform a beta testing before adding a new feature? new editor - UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more! - Page 2 Kopfschuettel
chouzouris
chouzouris
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinza May 3rd 2011, 4:35 pm

No...we don't like this. I try to use a smiley and my screen turns white and freezes!!

I DON'T like this new editor. MY FORUM DOES NOT LIKE IT!!!!

Come on...give us the choice to choose. I WANT THE OLD ONE BACK.

This compleatly screws up my forum!!!

You can't just make massive changes like this calling it a improvement and not give us a choice.

If it stays this way I have to go back and do HOURS of work...this sucks!

Last edited by Sinza on May 3rd 2011, 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sinza

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by sravanlokesh May 3rd 2011, 4:36 pm

Best Of The Best Is Forumotion new editor - UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more! - Page 2 951938 But Try To Reback Our Smilies Guys new editor - UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more! - Page 2 66991

Last edited by sravanlokesh on May 3rd 2011, 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
sravanlokesh
Forumember

Language : English

http://andhrakings.forumotions.in/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno May 3rd 2011, 4:37 pm

Please let us have the option disable this editor. My staff and member are complaining, it messes up with our canned speeches etc.

And where is the checkbox that let's us disable BBcode, smilies or HTML?

Spell checker also doesn't work! Please switch it back, omg!
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomchild May 3rd 2011, 4:37 pm

At least make it customizable somehow! Damn, that's annoying. new editor - UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more! - Page 2 Disgust
Doomchild
Forumember

Male Posts : 25
Language : German, English

http://www.aboardwithnoname.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scraptacularimages May 3rd 2011, 4:38 pm

I have a member (who is a member on another forumotion as well and has the same problem there) that can't write message or new topics any more. Whenever she writes one and hits either "reply" or "preview" it gives her a message saying that she "must type a message to proceed".

I'm not liking where the smilies are now and is really the only complaint so far from my members. It's annoying to have to click in each time you want a smiley and makes it hard to put the same one a few times in a row, unlike before!

Otherwise, so far it's nice! Smile
scraptacularimages

http://www.scraptacularimages.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scraptacularimages May 3rd 2011, 4:43 pm

Smileys are becoming a pain actually. I have more than fit on my screen and I can't scroll to see them. Also, if I have nothing typed in the reply box and hit the smiley option, it just greys out my screen and I can't do anything at all but hit the back button in the browser.
scraptacularimages

http://www.scraptacularimages.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa May 3rd 2011, 4:44 pm

Great work, congratulations to technicians for this brilliant work, wich I am sure was very hard to develop new editor - UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Male Posts : 964
Language : Klingon
Location : Does it matter? I'm Invisible, you will not see me anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Zcat May 3rd 2011, 4:45 pm

My member using AOL cannot comment!

The below comment is my problem as well!!!

I have a member (who is a member on another forumotion as well and has the same problem there) that can't write message or new topics any more. Whenever she writes one and hits either "reply" or "preview" it gives her a message saying that she "must type a message to proceed".

Last edited by Zcat on May 3rd 2011, 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zcat
Zcat
Forumember

Female Posts : 95

http://politicsandstuff.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by handsomevip007 May 3rd 2011, 4:46 pm

New Update was resovled my problem with Google Chrome+ Very Happy
handsomevip007
handsomevip007
Forumember

Male Posts : 39
Language : Vietnamese

http://diendan.chinhphuc.info/

Back to top Go down

Post by pheonix's May 3rd 2011, 4:49 pm

new WYSIWYG editor , problems encountered when using band internet exploder new editor - UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more! - Page 2 Icon_pale

new editor - UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more! - Page 2 Noname
pheonix's
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilio May 3rd 2011, 4:50 pm

I prefer the old one ...
Emilio
Forumember

Male Posts : 496
Language : Dutch , English ( Learning French & Spanish)

http://www.graphilicious.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aviet12 May 3rd 2011, 4:51 pm

Well, now I'm really disappointed that you didn't let us to chose.

If members can't write messages, it's really bad... Because in my forum is a lot of people, who use mobile phone.

Last edited by Aviet12 on May 3rd 2011, 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aviet12

Language : Lithuanian, English, Russian

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails May 3rd 2011, 4:51 pm

We're having issues all over the forum as a result of this new WYSIWYG Editor.

We have members unable to post, quote, reply or PM. The forum is running much slower than previously. It doesn't fit witht he look of our site and our members are complaining.

PLEASE reconsider and allow us to pick between this box and the old box.
David Tails

Male Posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by kokolioa May 3rd 2011, 4:56 pm

I am going to be blunt. Compared to the old editor, this is shit. It messes up the coding and the spellcheck of Google Chrome doesn't apply. =/

Last edited by kokolioa on May 3rd 2011, 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
kokolioa

Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeL May 3rd 2011, 4:57 pm

I agree...getting calls from users, admins and mods who cannot post with the new editor. Need to get this resolved ASAP
LeeL

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow May 3rd 2011, 4:59 pm

Hello,

In continuation of our strategy of listening to complaints from our users, and respond to complaints we received after its launch, we decided to go back and deactivate the message editor for the moment.

We will get back to you with the editor as soon as we get it stabilized.

Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveStudio May 3rd 2011, 5:02 pm

FM is my idol new editor - UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more! - Page 2 951938 .Great!
LoveStudio
LoveStudio

Male Posts : 23
Language : Vietnamese

http://www.9xstudio.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomchild May 3rd 2011, 5:03 pm

Right on! Thanks!
Doomchild
Forumember

Male Posts : 25
Language : German, English

http://www.aboardwithnoname.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinza May 3rd 2011, 5:04 pm

How about you just give us the option that we had before?
Sinza

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by tresglamour May 3rd 2011, 5:05 pm

Please make an option for us to be able to use the old one. This one is hard to use and messes up my whole post. Members on my forum don't like it either.
tresglamour
tresglamour

Female Posts : 7
Language : Serbian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by chouzouris May 3rd 2011, 5:05 pm

Well, where' s the old editor?
chouzouris
chouzouris
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by 19CenturyWBTS May 3rd 2011, 5:06 pm

I dislike this new WYSIWYG editor as well - the same goes for most of the members of my forum. I went straight to the Admin Panel to check if there is any way to switch it off - like one could do with the old WYSIWYG editor - to just use the good old normal "code & text" appearance of the message body. Much to my dismay I realized that this is also not possible anymore!
Does that mean we are practically stuck with this version that can't be turned off properly?

Mind you if you press "source" you of course can see a code & text view but you can't use the menu anymore to make swift changes but are forced to really type in things.

Sad

Please do change it back to what it has been! Or please give us at least the possibility to choose between the new or the old method.
19CenturyWBTS
Forumember

http://19thcenturywbts.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by misspresh May 3rd 2011, 5:06 pm

I do not see the point in the WYSIWYG update at all, especially since we've been forced into the change whether users like it or not. An option to use either one would have been preferable.

For me it's hardly a quick reply system at all, I might as well be using 'post reply' instead. It also looks ugly and bulky, and as remarked by others on here it looks completely out of place. Old version was much more attractive, and from my dealings with it worked fine.
misspresh
misspresh

Female Posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Zcat May 3rd 2011, 5:06 pm

Also, I cannot get private messages on my forum. It shows i have messages and the users name but no comment shows up.....
Zcat
Zcat
Forumember

Female Posts : 95

http://politicsandstuff.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chouzouris May 3rd 2011, 5:11 pm

Please consider that the smilies are in the main answer window and not in a popping up window.
chouzouris
chouzouris
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by tresglamour May 3rd 2011, 5:11 pm

Thank you for getting the old one back. You can keep it like this, it's the best.
tresglamour
tresglamour

Female Posts : 7
Language : Serbian, English

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next