The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more!

+97
razvy3
Blaster1
copasbyte
geezygee
Darren1
Raze
nfstallions.info
mthurston
Ape
LGforum
Sanket
Yummiah
xsdenied
baldy
BR
punkbabe82
youanhi
viankova
kostadene
IVE-STORM(bg)
UnKnowN21
!_NICK_!
Glad E Olah
Testicles_the_Greek
The Crocodile
WHITESABBATH
El3m3nT
IamSpiX11
maksudeva
Eragon_F4U
Stephen-
Rilee
Richardr
MrMario
JAN2XONLINE
Sonja38
xuanlocpro
mgt98
lezuj yaj
Darkwing
Saxaca
Irian
ronnyhenri
Made
Ezio
christien
netty
Y I Man
MsAdmin
newbieQ
Kathryn K
Admin_UFF2
Gretchen333
snipsnsnails
danubius
LadyDarkStar
wildone
Aquaticnecris
misspresh
19CenturyWBTS
LoveStudio
LeeL
kokolioa
David Tails
Emilio
handsomevip007
invisible_fa
scraptacularimages
Doctor Inferno
sravanlokesh
Sinza
acem
Zcat
tresglamour
Garland
exterminator
Scarlett Johansson
sweetdeath
Seuru
Aviet12
maiquang
JuneJuvette
Doomchild
Holyangel
dudi
lisa1302
pheonix's
chouzouris
ReDMaD
boffer10
Akkii
spirit09
Feli
phio69
Matei
Gangstar15
Shadow
101 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

new editor - UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more! - Page 3 Empty UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more!

Post by Shadow Tue 3 May 2011 - 3:22

First topic message reminder :

UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more!

Hello,

In order to continuously improve our services and to bring you the best in the world of forums, we offer you today a new update some fresh new features. Very Happy

Without making you wait any longer, here is the content of this update:

1. The new WYSIWYG editor:
In continuation of our strategy of listening to complaints from our users, and respond to complaints we received after its launch, we decided to go back and deactivate the message editor for the moment.

We will get back to you with the editor as soon as we get it stabilized.

Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience.

new editor - UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more! - Page 3 08-04-14

2. New widgets: New widgets to see who and what's hot and trendy on your forum. Nothing better to motivate your members!

new editor - UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more! - Page 3 DwE6M

3. Traffic exchange optimization: In continuation of our efforts to offer forums intuitive and cutting edge technology, we performed an optimization of our recent feature for traffic exchange. That, in order to improve its functioning by making it more relevant: D

For this, a new option to assign permissions in connection with this feature made ​​its appearance in your admin panel>> General>> Traffic exchange

new editor - UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more! - Page 3 PkeXI[/url]

Thanks to all the community for inspiring us with all your great ideas!

Best,
Forumotion Team

Last edited by Typlo on Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:14; edited 3 times in total
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

new editor - UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more! - Page 3 Empty Re: UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more!

Post by Aquaticnecris Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:12

Hey! It's back to normal! Thank you soo much!
Aquaticnecris

Language : English

Back to top Go down

new editor - UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more! - Page 3 Empty Re: UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more!

Post by wildone Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:12

I don't mind change, and it looks good but the have lost more than half of our emoticons as we can't see them, no scroll bar to see them, might be an idea to add one.
Most of our members use emoticons and have gone mad this afternoon.

But I do like the new format, just do an update for the moticons please and quick...........otherwise our forum will die and will have to go elsewhere.......
wildone

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyDarkStar Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:13

Although the new WYSIWYG editor looks new and shiny, I don't like it. And it doesn't match my forum at all. Is there a way to change it to the old one?
LadyDarkStar
LadyDarkStar

Female Posts : 16
Language : English, Greek

http://www.dark-haven-sims.com

Back to top Go down

Post by danubius Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:15

Dont like the New WYSIWYG editor, it has some really annoying features like when you paste something in you get a box coming up saying about security settings and instructiong you to use CTRL/CMD + V to paste, also in the previous version my settings showed spelling errors with mistakes underlined in red, this no longer works?

Why has no spell checker been integrated? now that would be a good feature considering how many posts contain typos

Smileys are gone from right panel to above (prefered them as they were) also if editing a post to edit a photo you have to click on source to find the code to edit, so much more fiddley than before! Already, got members complaining to me saying they don't like the change, would have been nice to have the option to keep the old system?
danubius
danubius

Language : serbian

http://danubius.bestoforum .net

Back to top Go down

Post by 19CenturyWBTS Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:15

Yey things are back to normal (at least at my site)!!!

Thank you for listening and switching things back to the old version - it's so much better!

Smile
19CenturyWBTS
Forumember

http://19thcenturywbts.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquaticnecris Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:16

Please, though, make it optional, for the good of us all? Please?
Aquaticnecris

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa1302 Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:17

Oh what a shame, I liked it and it worked fine on my forum... :-(
lisa1302
lisa1302
Forumember

Female Posts : 305
Language : Enlish

http://www.babiesandall.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zcat Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:19

Thank you Typlo!
Zcat
Zcat
Forumember

Female Posts : 95

http://politicsandstuff.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snipsnsnails Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:20

I have to second some of the same issues. I did have a member who was not able to post too.

I hate not typing the [img] My forum is for my business and it's image heavy as I design digital scrapbooking kits. it's annoying to have to insert each image. I also hate the double spacing with the return. If these aren't fixed quickly, I'll be moving to a forum installed on my own site.
snipsnsnails

Back to top Go down

Post by snipsnsnails Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:20

Also, ironic that you still have the old editor here!
snipsnsnails

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa1302 Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:22

snipsnsnails wrote:Also, ironic that you still have the old editor here!

I'm sure the other version was on before they took it off all the forums?
lisa1302
lisa1302
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by maiquang Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:23

bwi
maiquang
maiquang
Forumember

Male Posts : 199
Language : VN

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretchen333 Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:24

I have multiple users who cannot post now. They get an error message saying they must enter text, when they obviously did. Please fix this ASAP!

Also, the spell check features of firefox no longer work in the reply and quick reply boxes.

Additionally, using a font color leaves code garbage in the post.

My users and I are NOT happy about these changes and errors.
Gretchen333

Back to top Go down

Post by dudi Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:25

One thing i liked was that thingy in right-bottom corner. Using those 2-3 lines button, you could resize the window horizontally and that was pretty cool and helpful for my forum, where my members need to write really huge posts sometimes. Is there a way you can integrate that system in old version of editor? Smile

dudi
dudi
Forumember

Male Posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin_UFF2 Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:26

My staff and members are not happy with the latest update, we have issues as well with font size and losing smilies.
Admin_UFF2
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn K Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:28

I myself couldn't post at all and my pms were showing to users but my typed words did not appear.

Thanks for putting it back to the old format. I came over here attempting to determine what the solution was...and could not post on this thread or PM the admin. of this support site.
Kathryn K
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by newbieQ Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:30

i really dont like the new WYSIWYG editor.
some error occurred while typing Vietnamese.
newbieQ
newbieQ
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretchen333 Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:31

Thank you for putting it back to the old format!! I hope it stays that way.
Gretchen333

Back to top Go down

Post by snipsnsnails Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:34

lisa1302 wrote:
snipsnsnails wrote:Also, ironic that you still have the old editor here!

I'm sure the other version was on before they took it off all the forums?

It was still the new version on mine until a minute ago. Let's hope they just leave it the way it was.
snipsnsnails

Back to top Go down

Post by MsAdmin Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:39

I'm not holding out hope that the old editor will remain. Sounds like they are going to fix what everyone was complaining about with the new editor and then put it back in.
I wish they wouldn't...myself and my forum members hate the new editor as well.
MsAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Y I Man Tue 3 May 2011 - 11:50

I myself as an Admin of the forum im on couldnt post and other members has the same trouble.
Im all for change and improvements, but if the new style doesnt fit with the forum then you must give us the option to revert to the old style if that is what benefits the forum and the members.

Im sure people will use the new style, some will want the old style. But when you fix the issues and bugs, you cant just activate it without giving us the option to revert to the old style. I really hope you take this on board. I would hate to lose members from our forum because of it.
Y I Man
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by netty Tue 3 May 2011 - 12:01

I liked it, can we have it as optional please as I want it back Very Happy
netty
Forumember

Female Posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by christien Tue 3 May 2011 - 12:03

I liked the new style and I'm sorry that's gone now Crying or Very sad
I want it back is was super!!!

Last edited by christien on Tue 3 May 2011 - 12:19; edited 1 time in total
christien
Forumember

Female Posts : 98
Language : Dutch-eng.

http://seeyoufriends.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezio Tue 3 May 2011 - 12:08

Very awesome update Typlo ! especially with widgets "top posters this month" was very helpful! thanks! new editor - UPDATE : New WYSIWYG editor, new widgets, and more! - Page 3 174352
Ezio
Ezio
Forumember

Male Posts : 155
Language : Bahasa. Indonesia

http://www.forumbargedoz.ce.ms

Back to top Go down

Post by Made Tue 3 May 2011 - 12:30

Great upgrades, except for the WYSIWYG reply box. As many others have said, it didn't work correctly on many levels and didn't match my forum's scheme at all.

Thanks for taking it down. Maybe providing us with the option of using it or not will be the best solution Wink

Made
Made
Forumember

Female Posts : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa1302 Tue 3 May 2011 - 13:21

I really liked the new one, so once the small faults are back I would like it back!
lisa1302
lisa1302
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 3 May 2011 - 13:34

For those who want to practice using this new editor while the problems are being fixed, you can do so here:

http://ckeditor.com/demo

CKEditor™ is what eToxic licensed to use here on forumotion.

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnyhenri Tue 3 May 2011 - 14:08

One minute its there, one minute its gone. So where the *£µ£ is it! Twisted Evil
ronnyhenri
ronnyhenri
Forumember

Male Posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa1302 Tue 3 May 2011 - 14:54

dion wrote:For those who want to practice using this new editor while the problems are being fixed, you can do so here:

http://ckeditor.com/demo

CKEditor™ is what eToxic licensed to use here on forumotion.

Thanks Dion, useful info!
Maybe a stupid question...but is there anyway we can add our own editor? Or is it so integrated that it needs to come from formation to work?
Thanks!
lisa1302
lisa1302
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Irian Tue 3 May 2011 - 14:55

thanks
Irian
Irian
Forumember

Male Posts : 661
Language : English, Français, Spagnol, Latin, ecc.

http://www.puregroups.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next