The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
+63
w1sh
Legault123
KenizzyNY
Masterofkills09
Epic Scopez
gameface101
Dexta117
BluevX
Shadow
ApocalypseWolf
ABigSoggy Wafle
NegativeHUNTER
eaustinn36
BLACK SNOW 13
Robochips
Deathclutch23xX
viho1
FoundDa Kiwi
Cry Vengeance
Wotserface
***AFINA***
Seriwyth
dkThunder
Joaandgirls
IamSpiX11
kirk
Base
Neyra
El3m3nT
mara77
MISA
Girl<3
Kaynil
gizdaddy
YanOri
lisa1302
petros_7
jonix
millers
naca007
~Death Ripper~
Hanibal Cullen
Nera.
*Mare-SBKâ„¢*
Jaydos
ketan_
maiquang
srilanka
Darren1
[WAH]GEMINI
snowghost20
Russel
RAFAJulie
Lokki
Xanthis
!_NICK_!
Ezio
losmerengues
Stephen-
dgrey
Doctor Inferno
darkspectre
Tilum
67 posters

Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2

Poll

Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2

[ 14 ]
    Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_left4%Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_left1%Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_right [1%] 
    [ 31 ]
    Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_left9%Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 19 ]
    Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_left6%Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_left0%Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_left0%Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_left1%Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_right [1%] 
    [ 5 ]
    [ 62 ]
    Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_left18%Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_right [18%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 30 ]
    Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_left9%Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 57 ]
    Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_left17%Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 26 ]
    Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_left8%Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 22 ]
    Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_left6%Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 17 ]
    Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_left5%Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 5 ]
    [ 45 ]
    Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_left13%Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2 - Page 4 Bar_right [13%] 

Total Votes: 339
    Tilum
    Tilum
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1756

In progress Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2

Post by Tilum May 7th 2011, 10:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

You voted in your hundreds.

It's come down to less than 20.

Forums that did not meat the criteria - quite a few (Seriously, it was in the first post...) were removed. Also, any forums which our judges - Darren1, Base and myself, felt were not up to scratch or were discussing something ridiculous, dicks for example were removed...

This round requires voting, the top 5 forums from the public vote shall go forward and then will be put before us.

Darren wants to announce the prizes because he is sentimental like that. Smile

http://www.geekpolice.net/
    http://brush-land.forumotions.net/
    http://www.webartzforum.com/
    http://www.worlddezign.com/
    http://www.ihaveiih.com/
    http://ectos.darkbb.com/
    http://sr-gaming.darkbb.com/
    http://www.generalxboxgaming.com/
    http://www.fg-coding.net/portal
    http://www.babiesandall.com/
    http://shamblers.forumotion.co.uk/
    http://haihaua.foruma.biz/
    http://www.undead-xbox.com/
    http://www.nfsworldunited.com/
    http://www.thedarkstorms.com/
    http://www.joglocyber.com/
    http://www.c-gru.com/
    http://sonicommunity.forumotion.com/
    http://gameface101.playogame.com/

This is the only warning you are getting about this so listen carefully. If you vote using two different account when you are the same person you will;

• Get your forum Disqualified from the competition - this is for members of forums too - not just staff
    • Face disciplinary action on this forum, namely warnings or bans.
    • If you are a member, probably be hated and get banned from the forum you voted twice for.

DON'T DO IT.

~ Judges

Last edited by Tilum on May 15th 2011, 11:51 am; edited 14 times in total
    viho1
    Forumember

Language : english

In progress Re: Best Of Forumotion 2011: Round 2

Post by viho1 May 12th 2011, 4:51 pm

Mathias wrote:
    Dexta117 wrote:UX must win!!!
    Dont make spam accounts!

Thats not a spam account, hes a member of undead-xbox you can check.
    Cry Vengeance
    Cry Vengeance

Male Posts : 18
    Language : English

Post by Cry Vengeance May 12th 2011, 5:17 pm

BluevX wrote:@All people voting for Undead Xbox
    Obviously you haven't been to Gameface101

To be fair, I checked out your site. It sort of reminds me of those flashy "Order now for $19.99!" commercials, and a Las Vegas strip bar. If you don't mind me offering a bit of criticism, I'd say tone down the color scheme. You have a bit too much Neon and flash, and you're using alot of widgets just for the sake of using widgets, only activate the ones that are necessary, otherwise it will look cluttered and it's hard to navigate.

I voted for UX.
    gameface101
    gameface101
    Forumember

Male Posts : 40
    Language : bad english, tinkers with:RGSS, HTML, CSS, JS/JQ

Post by gameface101 May 12th 2011, 6:07 pm

Cry Vengeance wrote:
    To be fair, I checked out your site. It sort of reminds me of those flashy "Order now for $19.99!" commercials, and a Las Vegas strip bar.

@Cry Vengeance - I'd vote for that ^,^

Cry Vengeance wrote:
    If you don't mind me offering a bit of criticism, I'd say tone down the color scheme. You have a bit too much Neon and flash, and you're using alot of widgets just for the sake of using widgets, only activate the ones that are necessary, otherwise it will look cluttered and it's hard to navigate.

there's lower tabs on both sides that show/hide everything @,@

@All - thanks for all the votes! it's an honor to have made it this far with other great forum sites and to see the strength in our communities.

~G101
    Base
    Base
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 10383
    Language : English and French

Post by Base May 12th 2011, 6:09 pm

Mathias, please don't jump to conclusions without having any evidence of it being a spam account. Should we find that it's a multiple account, there will be some severe consequences. Everybody back on topic. Wink

I would just like to say that the voting will be closed very soon! So get your votes in NOW while you still can!
    Epic Scopez

Post by Epic Scopez May 12th 2011, 6:23 pm

Undead Xbox FTW!! the staff put in so much effort hosting games all the time and having to update Custom Achievments and update widgets for people and also having to clear out 5 Gamertags every saturday. Man Undead Xbox are one of the best forums ever made.
    Cry Vengeance
    Cry Vengeance

Post by Cry Vengeance May 12th 2011, 6:58 pm

gameface101 wrote:

there's lower tabs on both sides that show/hide everything @,@

Condescension isn't really necessary. Anyways, don't you think it's a bit lazy to just bury your home page in a sea of random widgets, and then have two (Very small and barely noticeable, I might add.) buttons that can be used to hide them? I mean, that in it's self is basically you admitting to your users, "Hey, we know the site isn't very easy on the eyes, but rather than fix it, we'll just let you guys figure it out."

I'm simply saying, as one designer to another, that you could benefit alot from taking a different approach to your presentation, preferably without beating your users over the head with it.
    Tilum
    Tilum
    Active Poster

Post by Tilum May 12th 2011, 8:29 pm

Typlo wrote:I also voted for Undead xbox Wink

Banned for multi account voting, sorry Typlo Razz

How do you know it's a multi account? If anyone has any complaints, PM me please.

~ Tilum
    lisa1302
    lisa1302
    Forumember

Female Posts : 305
    Language : Enlish

Post by lisa1302 May 12th 2011, 8:47 pm

Woooo Babies & All is doing well, thank you all who have voted! I've done all the forum myself, and I have had to learn as I go and fit it in as a busy mummy, so was pleased to even get to the second round...I can't wait much longer it's making me fidgety! Laughing
    Cry Vengeance
    Cry Vengeance

Post by Cry Vengeance May 12th 2011, 9:31 pm

Question: What is the protocol if one of these other competitors makes an alternate account and Votes for another forum twice, just to get them DQ'd?

I'm just a bit worried is all.
    Tilum
    Tilum
    Active Poster

Post by Tilum May 12th 2011, 9:32 pm

This is the only warning you are getting about this so listen carefully. If you vote using two different account when you are the same person you will;

Get your forum Disqualified from the competition - this is for members of forums too - not just staff
    Face disciplinary action on this forum, namely warnings or bans.
    If you are a member, probably be hated and get banned from the forum you voted twice for.

DON'T DO IT.
    lisa1302
    lisa1302
    Forumember

Female Posts : 305
    Language : Enlish

Post by lisa1302 May 12th 2011, 9:38 pm

Cry Vengeance wrote:Question: What is the protocol if one of these other competitors makes an alternate account and Votes for another forum twice, just to get them DQ'd?

I suppose someone, if they are that nasty and childish, could vote twice, on different emails, for a rival forum to get them disqualified... but if they have to resort to such tactics then they clearly don't believe in their forum much! I'd also rather than lose than cheat!
    gameface101
    gameface101
    Forumember

Male Posts : 40
    Language : bad english, tinkers with:RGSS, HTML, CSS, JS/JQ

Post by gameface101 May 12th 2011, 10:14 pm

cry vengeance wrote:Condescension isn't really necessary. Anyways, don't you think it's a bit lazy to just bury your home page in a sea of random widgets, and then have two (Very small and barely noticeable, I might add.) buttons that can be used to hide them? I mean, that in it's self is basically you admitting to your users, "Hey, we know the site isn't very easy on the eyes, but rather than fix it, we'll just let you guys figure it out."

I'm simply saying, as one designer to another, that you could benefit alot from taking a different approach to your presentation, preferably without beating your users over the head with it.

edit:
    @cry - easy now ~ a bit lazy? more like a bit crazy! (lots of HTML, CSS, and thinking outside of the box)
    we got the game design mixed in with the web design Lol
    thanks for your feedback, regardless I intend to continuously improve what is seen on the other side of the screen.

lisa1302 wrote:I've done all the forum myself, and I have had to learn as I go

&
    lisa1302 wrote: I'd also rather than lose than cheat!
    cry vengeance wrote:Question: What is the protocol if one of these other competitors makes an alternate account and Votes for another forum twice, just to get them DQ'd?

@lisa - double respect!

@Tilum - both cry and lisa make a very good point...

Last edited by gameface101 on May 13th 2011, 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    !_NICK_!
    !_NICK_!
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
    Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Post by !_NICK_! May 12th 2011, 10:27 pm

What is the date this will end?
    Cry Vengeance
    Cry Vengeance

Post by Cry Vengeance May 12th 2011, 10:41 pm

Tilum wrote:This is the only warning you are getting about this so listen carefully. If you vote using two different account when you are the same person you will;

Get your forum Disqualified from the competition - this is for members of forums too - not just staff
    Face disciplinary action on this forum, namely warnings or bans.
    If you are a member, probably be hated and get banned from the forum you voted twice for.

DON'T DO IT.

That didn't answer my question at all.

Post by Guest May 12th 2011, 11:34 pm

(EATS POPCORN)
    Masterofkills09

Post by Masterofkills09 May 13th 2011, 3:56 am

Go Undead Xbox!
    KenizzyNY
    KenizzyNY

Post by KenizzyNY May 13th 2011, 4:29 am

Gameface101 is more than "the underground" it's also a place for ALL types of creativity to flourish, art, animation, scripting, and my favorite, creative writing. It's also a friendly, close community that you know everyone and everyone gets along.

In short: Me gusta.
    ABigSoggy Wafle

Post by ABigSoggy Wafle May 13th 2011, 4:53 am

KenizzyNY wrote:Gameface101 is more than "the underground" it's also a place for ALL types of creativity to flourish, art, animation, scripting, and my favorite, creative writing. It's also a friendly, close community that you know everyone and everyone gets along.

In short: Me gusta.
    So is Undead-xbox. Generally, forms are like that. We may not be supreme script writers or web design masters, however, in my opinion, use the forms to their full advantage. By incorporating our game types with the forums, we are able to successfully plan, and develop intricate and complicated game types while still keeping each attender informed. It becomes much more of a enriching and creative experience to play different aspects, whether it be a creative scenario or an entirely new game type itself, or twist on an already fun and addicting game.

In other words, I think using the form for more than just discussion is much more creative and effective. I understand the time and effort put into the whole interface of the site, and it does pay off, however, I feel that a form should be more than just discussion and fancy design. It should be an experience as well. Something that you, as a community, create and expand upon into a central idea that encompasses what the community stands for and what interests all members.

Discussion is nice, but complete involvement in an outside activity brings a whole new level to the forum.
    Legault123

Language : Spanish

Post by Legault123 May 13th 2011, 5:12 am

I voted for Gameface101.com the best online community Very Happy

Last edited by Legault123 on May 13th 2011, 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    !_NICK_!
    !_NICK_!
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
    Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Post by !_NICK_! May 13th 2011, 6:16 am

When will this end?
    Stephen-
    Stephen-
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2542
    Language :

Post by Stephen- May 13th 2011, 6:45 am

its also second best is undead xbox go! Smile
    Cry Vengeance
    Cry Vengeance

Post by Cry Vengeance May 13th 2011, 7:22 am

One more vote to tie! C'mon Undead-Xbox!
    Darren1
    Darren1
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Post by Darren1 May 13th 2011, 7:25 am

Final few hours before the end of the round;
    Time to get your members voting!
    Who's it gonna be? babiesandall or undeadxbox? Good luck to the both of you thumright
    P.S. There will be another public voting before we the judges, get to call the top few forums Very Happy
    w1sh

Post by w1sh May 13th 2011, 10:08 am

Getcha GAMEFACE on!
    admerbakud
    admerbakud
    Forumember

Male Posts : 70

Post by admerbakud May 13th 2011, 10:21 am

Go web artz!
    Russel
    Russel
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1407
    Language : English, Filipino

Post by Russel May 13th 2011, 10:23 am

WebArtz deserves to be on top! LOL
    identityproof
    identityproof
    Forumember

Post by identityproof May 13th 2011, 10:53 am

WebArtz gets my vote.
    BluevX

Post by BluevX May 13th 2011, 11:31 am

ABigSoggy Wafle wrote:
    So is Undead-xbox. Generally, forms are like that. We may not be supreme script writers or web design masters, however, in my opinion, use the forms to their full advantage.

Most people (including me) are hardly going to be the next Brendan Eich or Andrew Gower. We just have some talent or interest that we want to share with the world. For chillz you know?

ABigSoggy Wafle wrote:
    By incorporating our game types with the forums, we are able to successfully plan, and develop intricate and complicated game types while still keeping each attender informed.

Wouldn't you get more info on CoD 7 on a CoD 7 dedicated forum? Seems a bit complicated.

ABigSoggy Wafle wrote:
    It becomes much more of a enriching and creative experience to play different aspects, whether it be a creative scenario or an entirely new game type itself, or twist on an already fun and addicting game.

That sentence is too long and I didn't really understand it. Sorry.

ABigSoggy Wafle wrote:
    In other words, I think using the form for more than just discussion is much more creative and effective.

You're not the only ones that do that. If it was just for dicussion, what interesting things would we talk about?
    A whole bunch of us use RMXP and other creative software that perhaps made one of your precious Xbox games. In other words, since you're our consumer, we control your food supply.

ABigSoggy Wafle wrote:
    I understand the time and effort put into the whole interface of the site, and it does pay off, however, I feel that a form should be more than just discussion and fancy design.

Yes the design is fancy, probably the side effect of G@MeF@Ce figuring "Hey, it'd be cool if the forum was interactive instead of a solid block of text."
    You probably think it's all looks because you haven't actually hung around for a while to see how awesomesauce the Underground actually is. We have [digital] artists (most are self taught that want to share their talent), music men, programmers, chill gamers, talent chillers, chillers, story writers and poem writers just to name a few types that stick around. Or maybe you're too uptight to admit it.

ABigSoggy Wafle wrote:It should be an experience as well. Something that you, as a community, create and expand upon into a central idea that encompasses what the community stands for and what interests all members.

If you haven't noticed, that has already been accomplished. Note "Urban Culture", "Gameface", "Multimedia" and "Chillz" among some of them. (Ok, chillz isn't official...)
    ABigSoggy Wafle wrote:
    Discussion is nice, but complete involvement in an outside activity brings a whole new level to the forum.

Read above.
    Oh yes, also I couldn't help but notice that your forum was giving the opportunity to win prizes if you voted. That's called bribing I believe. We got our votes from people that wanted to for their own sake and also people that like some of the stuff we have. :/ bribing vs legit vote? Dunno, I guess legit vote wins.
    pixelinz

Post by pixelinz May 13th 2011, 11:51 am

wow, this is certainly bringing out the inner bitch in some people.... :/
    zilla.tzu

Post by zilla.tzu May 13th 2011, 11:53 am

ABigSoggy Wafle wrote:

Part of a forum is quality due to its design, intuitive aspects of it as well as its educational purpose of it, if you are not designing your forums to be original and only displaying a simple template to catalogue discussion, how is it to its full advantage? It should inspire you as well as be informative. The Gameface interface is just that.. a game. to be explored and enjoyed in multiple ways. not static words on a webpage. A critique commented on it reminding him of vegas. Ive found myself in vegas several times marveling at the lights and displays as each avenue of advertisment shouts for your attentions. Making me crave food or spending my money, to shopping somewhere to buy a funky shot glass. the comparison is a compliment

The community behind Gameface101 offers an indepth and enriching experince. Lets even be fair and say as any other top 20 forum. but how many other forums can say, they create complete original content? At the gameface community we create games and inspire artists in all forms, from the top down. From individual spirtes, music scores, coding of scripts, writing deep stories to the simple fun of ruin your wish games. We explore the old and new, share and express all flavors of life, we focus not only on one subject matter "xbox" but everything.

simply put.. it meets the criteria of awesome in content,

and since this is a contest of best forum? i would think the forum with the most original design and unique experience would have the best shot at winning, *roll the dice* 7!!! vegas style baby!

Current date/time is September 23rd 2024, 10:16 pm