The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Limit, Description & Posting

3 posters

Go down

Solved Character Limit, Description & Posting

Post by thebigredmonster August 10th 2011, 1:24 am

First of all, I noticed that this forum's character limit for the topic title is only between 0 and 128 characters. However, on my forum, the minimum amount of characters is 10, and the maximum is 255. This can get annoying at times, when I want a topic to have a shorter name.
So, my first question is, how do I change the character limit for the topic title?

Now, for my second question.
Also on this forum, is the option to give your topic a description. My forum, however, does not have this feature. How do I add it?

My third and final question is about the 'quick reply' option, another thing this forum has and mine doesn't. How do I add it?

Last edited by thebigredmonster on August 10th 2011, 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
thebigredmonster
thebigredmonster
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Character Limit, Description & Posting

Post by !_NICK_! August 10th 2011, 1:55 am

1.) Administration Panel --> General --> Messages and e-mails --> Configuration --> Topics --> Topics Title Length. Set that however you like.

2.) Administration Panel --> General --> Messages and e-mails --> Configuration --> Topics --> Allow topics description --> Click Yes --> Save.

3.) Administration Panel --> General --> Messages and e-mails --> Configuration --> Messages --> Allow Quick Reply --> Click Yes --> Save.
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Character Limit, Description & Posting

Post by thebigredmonster August 10th 2011, 1:59 am

Thanks.
thebigredmonster
thebigredmonster
Forumember