The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SITE MESSING UP

4 posters

Go down

SITE MESSING UP Empty SITE MESSING UP

Post by dmwdead909 September 20th 2011, 1:39 am

Why does my site mess up all the time whenever I try to make a change. I want it to be pubBB and I want the Theme From Cold Fusion.

SITE MESSING UP 2cb9cab3430b82387a2404d9f9103447

SITE MESSING UP 373354925519ce8eb6a59acae0806b59
dmwdead909
dmwdead909
Forumember

Male Posts : 124
Language : English

http://lmc-forums.inmyclan.com

Back to top Go down

SITE MESSING UP Empty Re: SITE MESSING UP

Post by Empire_1 September 20th 2011, 1:47 am

I took a look at your forum and it is extremely laggy and slow... possibly the worst I have seen on a forum.

First, to improve page load times and lag, stop the Recent Topics widget from scrolling. Scrolling puts a huge strain on the system. Also, don't fix the background pic to also improve load times.

You have animated forum icons which I suspect also has something to do with lag. You should also go back and review any CSS codes or Javascripts you have and see if they are correct and if you can compress them. Also, you should have the Optimize CSS option activated. Wink
Empire_1
Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanette September 20th 2011, 2:07 am

I suggest taking off some widgets and re-reading your CSS & remove any pointless rules!!
Ryanette
Ryanette
Forumember

Male Posts : 135
Language : English (British)

http://www.devforumz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwdead909 September 20th 2011, 2:15 am

Empire_1 wrote:I took a look at your forum and it is extremely laggy and slow... possibly the worst I have seen on a forum.

First, to improve page load times and lag, stop the Recent Topics widget from scrolling. Scrolling puts a huge strain on the system. Also, don't fix the background pic to also improve load times.

You have animated forum icons which I suspect also has something to do with lag. You should also go back and review any CSS codes or Javascripts you have and see if they are correct and if you can compress them. Also, you should have the Optimize CSS option activated. Wink

LOL That is why I was saying I wanted to change it to the other team. But whenever I try to change anything it messes up and everything shows up like the images I show. Is there a way to reset like everything?
dmwdead909
dmwdead909
Forumember

Male Posts : 124
Language : English

http://lmc-forums.inmyclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanette September 20th 2011, 2:19 am

dmwdead909 wrote:
Empire_1 wrote:I took a look at your forum and it is extremely laggy and slow... possibly the worst I have seen on a forum.

LOL That is why I was saying I wanted to change it to the other team. But whenever I try to change anything it messes up and everything shows up like the images I show. Is there a way to reset like everything?
Change to the "version default style" not current
Ryanette
Ryanette
Forumember

Male Posts : 135
Language : English (British)

http://www.devforumz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Empire_1 September 20th 2011, 2:28 am

dmwdead909 wrote:

Well there are two ways to "reset" everything:

Way #1:
Choose a completely new theme and apply it.

Way #2:
Create a temporary theme and when you get it right, apply it.
Empire_1
Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 20th 2011, 3:35 am

well it dont look anything like whats in your screen shots now,
But you still have some work to do,
I would start by resizing your widgets,, and your music player on the forums page, and portal

I think most will work out ok you just have to re-size and organize things a little better,
Also i am not sure whats going on with your footer, i do not see one and looks as if you have images mixed in with the who;s online section?

You should start small and basic then build more as you go along while testing everything and making sure the appearances are suitable and a good size.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down