The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion

+131
t2008y
Master Marc
InsanityVonMike
Blofeld
oliver96
dina_qa
luka_07
Voltinova
:)tayne:)
Japorized
DeathSoul
Nelsaidi
MrMega
HBX210
dark
ftofttsfof
dencey
Joost
some12
thunderboyx
Sports Fan
Soggy
ParadiseKid
SophieDophs
FMstuffSucks
wolverine
Antonio26
dragonintel
Merlinz
Administrator1
Base
Lady Vala
crn818
john waller 10328
akashic
FoG
~Chris
Fireflare88
musket
Cb Hr
soprano23
Mey
Luky
Sky
Walshy95
Demonspike
Sanket
Luka_09
kirk
Darren1
jack20
~Julian~
MrMario
RikaComet
Cherry Blossom
Trevor
yuu_yuki
yukisnowflake
ECarminan15
RCMZ
Christos
ifzombie
lilypad
CANADIEN
ylli
Redsun
Creazy8
Splytte
z4mboni
A_Nonny_Moose
sprtygurl_021
hellboy999
nimiel
abid861
Beno
N!X
Strike
tyhodge07
uttejito
Kazuto
KiiD CuDii
Streen
Antonio1992
BEO
whigworld
Dragon0092
shadin_007
TanMan77777777
KirbySB
Dot Com
Lydia
Tilum
ConMan
Broly Ss10
Nazar
Saurus
mamabear
crystal786
sunburnedpenguin
Gaia-Online Forums
Jalokim
studiowiz
Adiex
{DS}LT.mick
Luka_08
Mr.Killerguitar
brandonmccoy
Doctor Inferno
Jables
Sambob
efbe
gilbertgea
HiteshForPM
WWGG
Skittles
acef596
TOH
Ike
eveningpolestar
1st4Advertising
Shadow
HaXBoX7
gptpinoy
jules12345
Jinx
Random
h4rl3y123
Nessa
zinex
hitesh
Caihlem
135 posters

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

[Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion - Page 25 Empty [Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion

Post by Caihlem December 24th 2007, 11:55 am

First topic message reminder :

Here you can ask all your questions about ForuMotion itself Smile

Last edited by on January 20th 2008, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion - Page 25 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion

Post by dragonintel February 13th 2009, 9:16 pm

thanks caihlem i guess... and turn on your PM!

Drag~
dragonintel
dragonintel
Forumember

Male Posts : 392
Language : English

http://bestof.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion - Page 25 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion

Post by Skittles February 13th 2009, 9:18 pm

How one could forget a warning, which are usually followed by 3 reminders is beyond me. [Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion - Page 25 Dunno

Your update has been done as requested.
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 February 13th 2009, 11:47 pm

darren1 wrote:1.Typlo, would you be able to split those numbers up into each indovidual supported language at all?

2.Why did the company forumotion (or the company) move a bold move, and make an account on facebook?
even though, myspace would of been better.
(not that I care about forumotion being on either myspace or facebook, besides the fact that id only make an account there for the purpose of supporting forumotion as a company)

3.Will forumotion (or the company) make another such move such as they did with the facebook stunt in the close - distant future?

4. Why doesn't the GodFather ever visit the English support forum, even though he visits, and posts on the French support forum?

Any answers?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 14th 2009, 12:01 am

If you look through the previous pages, myself typlo and jalokim answered these questions i phases Smile

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by Cb Hr February 14th 2009, 11:06 am

Does Admins and mods get paid?
Cb Hr
Cb Hr
Forumember

Male Posts : 170
Language : Croatian/English

http://www.clubpenguin-hr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 14th 2009, 11:55 am

Cb Hr wrote:Does Admins and mods get paid?

Admins = The founder, no. Not unless you get the members to pay it
Co-Admins = Only if members or the founder choose to pay it
Mods = Not unless the founder chooses to pay them

So, basically no.

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Chris February 14th 2009, 12:55 pm

Usually no, usually they are a voluntary thing, weather forum staff gets paid or not, is up to the administration, but in most cases, no.
~Chris
~Chris
Forumember

Male Posts : 722
Language : English, some italian.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cb Hr February 14th 2009, 2:15 pm

I mean paid on Forumotion
Cb Hr
Cb Hr
Forumember

Male Posts : 170
Language : Croatian/English

http://www.clubpenguin-hr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonintel February 14th 2009, 2:23 pm

the Forum staff, (Admins, Mods, and G-Mods) do not get payed. But the only acception is The Godfather who works for forumotion.

Drag~
dragonintel
dragonintel
Forumember

Male Posts : 392

http://bestof.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RikaComet February 14th 2009, 2:27 pm

you forgot typlo..he also works for forumotion!

anyways my question:

why don't you delete all the spam instead of sending it to garbage?

its 246 pages of eternal garbage~ doesn't that eat up unnecessary space?

also can someone tell me the exact no of members banned here on forumotion? since it creation
RikaComet
RikaComet
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1536
Language : English , Hindi , Arabic , Urdu, Japenese , Punjabi , German

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 February 15th 2009, 2:08 am

Placehold wrote:If you look through the previous pages, myself typlo and jalokim answered these questions i phases Smile

Regards

Craig

Actually, only 1 has been asked, which is the one about the godfather, however id like to go deeper than just "cause he's a technical admin" because those are the admin's that should be online all day, as often as possible to make sure nothing goes wrong.

How can the answers to something be there, if that hasnt yet happened placehold?
Hence is why I asked it Wink

Other peoples questions--------

Cb Hr,
the only staff here that get paid are The GodFather, Typlo and Canceo, as they actually work for forumotion.

RikaComet,
it doesnt take up extra space Wink
but why they do it, i have no clue [Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion - Page 25 Mouais

Back to my questions------------

1.Typlo, would you be able to split those numbers up into each indovidual supported language at all?

2.Why did the company forumotion (or the company) move a bold move, and make an account on facebook?
even though, myspace would of been better.
(not
that I care about forumotion being on either myspace or facebook,
besides the fact that id only make an account there for the purpose of
supporting forumotion as a company)

3.Will forumotion (or the
company) make another such move such as they did with the facebook
stunt in the close - distant future?

4. Why doesn't the GodFather ever visit the English support forum, even though he visits, and posts on the French support forum? ( I would like to go deeper than just "cause he works for forumotion" and "he's a technical Administrator" if thats possible, and im sure it is )

Last edited by darren1 on February 15th 2009, 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Chris February 15th 2009, 4:15 am

RikaComet wrote:you forgot typlo..he also works for forumotion!
why don't you delete all the spam instead of sending it to garbage?

its 246 pages of eternal garbage~ doesn't that eat up unnecessary space?
I don't know, I guess they just like to keep a record of all their 'deleted' topics, I do the same, but only forum staff can view them.

And if, any forum of mine ever uses up all its apace, i'll just delete topics from there.
~Chris
~Chris
Forumember

Male Posts : 722
Language : English, some italian.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim February 15th 2009, 11:31 am

We don't delete spam posts because we want to be top of the list on the directory board... heehe h:P
No I'm joking, the spam is left in tact for future reference and for proof... incase someone says that they didn't spam... if there is no post then how will you prove it?

About the myfaces and placebooks .... well I don't really know... but I doubt FM will broadcast themselves on more social networks... we have seen that not only fans visit the facebook thing,whatever.

Godfather - used to visit this site more often... but that was before typlo got hired. Godfather had to come in and administrate as there was only 1 administrator on the board.
Now that Typlo is hired on forumotion and as admin here he has no need to come, as there is 2 admins taking care of the forum.
But he does occasionally dropby ... especially when the admins are on leave.
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilum February 15th 2009, 12:40 pm

Jalokim wrote:We don't delete spam posts because we want to be top of the list on the directory board... heehe h:P
No I'm joking, the spam is left in tact for future reference and for proof... incase someone says that they didn't spam... if there is no post then how will you prove it?

About the myfaces and placebooks .... well I don't really know... but I doubt FM will broadcast themselves on more social networks... we have seen that not only fans visit the facebook thing,whatever.

Godfather - used to visit this site more often... but that was before typlo got hired. Godfather had to come in and administrate as there was only 1 administrator on the board.
Now that Typlo is hired on forumotion and as admin here he has no need to come, as there is 2 admins taking care of the forum.
But he does occasionally dropby ... especially when the admins are on leave.
Ye.. when both Typlo and Caihlem were not here.. The Godfather came and payed a visit every day.. he did actually provide a lot of help..
Look here
Tilum
Tilum
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1759

Back to top Go down

Post by RikaComet February 15th 2009, 1:04 pm

ok thats one question answered

other one remains

also can someone tell me the exact no of members banned here on forumotion? since it creation
RikaComet
RikaComet
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem February 15th 2009, 7:53 pm

Huge loove
No seriously, my personal list is well over 300 members, so we can't really go back and count the exact number case by case
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by RikaComet February 15th 2009, 8:55 pm

didn't you have a proper mechanism to count them?

by the way 300 is a nice no.. I haven't even fired 20 at most on my forum :lol
RikaComet
RikaComet
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim February 15th 2009, 9:25 pm

I don't think there is a way to count the banned members... maybe the admin panel shows it somewhere ,but I don't bother looking at those stats.

In my time here I've also booted a nice load of members... So out of the
17 000 that are registered... maybe a 1000 are banned... at least a 1000.
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 February 17th 2009, 10:12 am

With the departure of Caihlem, will The GodFather be returning to assist Typlo and Canceo with Administrating this forum?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic February 17th 2009, 12:35 pm

darren1 wrote:With the departure of Caihlem, will The GodFather be returning to assist Typlo and Canceo with Administrating this forum?

Chill out daz, relax. It will all sort itself out Very Happy
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Female Posts : 709
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by FMstuffSucks February 17th 2009, 12:37 pm

he is not paid, why would be he return here?
FMstuffSucks

Language : ger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 17th 2009, 2:20 pm

Because he enjoys working here.

Back to top Go down

Post by SophieDophs February 17th 2009, 4:01 pm

darren1 wrote:With the departure of Caihlem, will The GodFather be returning to assist Typlo and Canceo with Administrating this forum?
Is Caihlem leaving?

(I must have missed something)
SophieDophs
SophieDophs
Forumember

Female Posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by RikaComet February 17th 2009, 10:52 pm

here's my new question

how many yes votes it takes a suggestion to get accepted?
RikaComet
RikaComet
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem February 17th 2009, 10:58 pm

It depends

If it's for the Support Forum; it's more or less 20 votes. The more or less depends on my opinion and that of the staff members in place. I also allow myself a veto for some suggestions

If it's for the Forum System; then I don't know. The techies choose what they like and the votes only serve to give them advice on how much it's wanted
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim February 17th 2009, 10:58 pm

There is no count... as you can see the cash mod has 900 votes nad it hasn't been done.
The suggestions votes only shows the most popular suggestions. The tech staff then gather this info from all the support sites and start looking at their resources...

if its possible they start
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by RikaComet February 17th 2009, 11:04 pm

hmm... so basically they choose the best possible option out of the popular ones,.. >.<

here's another one

before any updates why do bugs start to show up on our forums even though the updates haven't been released...is it due to the process of updating is on, if so why don't our forums go down.. ?
RikaComet
RikaComet
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 17th 2009, 11:18 pm

They start testing codes in the CSS of the forums, If you look at the bottom of some of the CSS you will see codes such as

/* ************Test*********** */
This will rectify .......

So on and so forth so even though the features aren't actually out they do test some of the codes,

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by ParadiseKid February 18th 2009, 7:26 am

I have one question for the staff here.

In the event that Forumotion/Forumactif was to take a turn for the worst and head into bankruptcy (which could possibly well happen in these tough economic times), what can Forumotion/Forumactif do to prevent the forums that are hosted on their servers from being deleted?
ParadiseKid
ParadiseKid
Forumember

Male Posts : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim February 18th 2009, 10:47 am

Sambongani bongani ... if thats how you spell it...
or this is better... goeiemore ...
Man I remember nothing from South Africa.

As all forum providers, Forumotion has thier servers paid for a couple months in advance. So even if there were problems, your forum would live at least half a year.
Plus if they were to cut down costs, they would delete all the inactive forums on the server to leave more hosting for the active ones.
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next